QLR faked pictures - no prosecution

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by IDONTNEEDAHAIRCUT, Dec 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As this guy isn't going to face civilian prosecution does this mean he has got away with it or has he already gone through the military system ?

BBC News

2. This whole episode still raises a wry chuckle:

Experts? Don't they mean 'ARRSErs'?

2 months? Didn't we expose these pictures as fake inside 24 hours? ;)

3. Sad to say - this is old news. He dodged the military system (another thread has the details - and I can't be arrsed to find it!) so that's it. Another one gets away with it - but if you consider this in the context of Stormontgate this is pretty small beer.

4. Did anyone see that pr!ck Piers Morgan on "Question time" last night? He had the cheek to try and claim that he was still not convinced that the pictures were actually fake!

He came across as a sanctimonious pr!ck.

5. Thanks storeman, I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

6. Just to tidy things up, from today's BBC website.

Private Mackenzie, 25, has already faced a court martial accused of misusing military equipment. But the court martial was discontinued in April.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said proceedings had been "stayed following the emergence of new evidence" and the case was being passed to the Crown Prosecution Service.

On Friday, a CPS spokesman said lawyers had advised the Ministry of Defence Police of its decision that there was insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of a conviction.

Full article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4513440.stm

LH

7. If I remember rightly the MoD couldn't touch them (TA Officers are under mil law all the time but OR's are only when they are being paid)

Are these two still in the TA?

8. How about mobilising them, sending them to Basra/Amara, and sticking them on permanent foot patrol.....?

9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

That is because he is

10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I think we'd nailed them as fakes within a couple of hours of the comic hitting the streets.

11. THATS BECAUSE PIERS MORGAN IS A FECKIN PRICK AND I HOPE THAT HE DIES IN A FREAK YACHTING ACCIDENT AND HIS CHILDREN TURN OUT TO BE GOATS!

12. It is more than interesting to note that this slimy TA lizard, having escaped his own prosecution, will shortly get his moment of glory when he appears as a witness for the prosecution when Colonel 'Dare we mention his name on ARRSE' Mendonca is paraded for his show trial! Surely the two things can't be connected!??