Qiuck straw poll: Cav Mem

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Facey_Romford, May 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else going this year?

I have started reading up on hangover cures in advance although it never seems to do me any good.
  2. Yep, I'll be there.

Sadly serving members of my former Squadron won't be in any number as somebody has planned a training weekend for them...
  3. Was planning to but a recent Regtl reunion has put a serious dent in my 'Keep Mrs Willard Happy' fund.

Some serious sweet talking required... :(

Quis Separabit

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum
  4. Looks like it might be a quiet weekend this year!
  5. I'm rather hoping some of you chaps may push my artwork and T Shirts?????? :wink: 8O
  6. Most of ours will be in BATUS unfortunately.

On a related note, in these financially restrictive times, does anyone know of more 'economical' accomodation than the usual UJ club or Vic Services? Just somewhere to shower and kip in between the usual weekend drinking missions... :?

Quis Separabit

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum
  7. Last year I just walked around the hotels in Paddington - most average 40 - 50 pounds for B&B shower in the corridor but hot and cold running toilet.

Picked up the basic package for 42..................rough but workable.

I was surprised at how many their actually were.

Have you applied for free membership for the VSC?
  8. Forgive my ignorance, but what does that entitle one to?...

Quis Separabit

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum
  9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Interesting - are the prices shown for members or is there a discount hidden in the members only page.
  10. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

You have to be a member to use it normally, though at Cav Mem weekend it gets open to all. I spent four nights a week there when I was consulting in London. Better than a barn next to the Sultan and so much cheaper than a hotel that it brought smiles to the company accountant's face. tbf, it is dead easy to commute to / from Southampton - I did that often enough too, but I could make a little on the unreceipted expenses (nothing like as much as a politician makes mind).

I have retained my membership - Wor Lass is quite happy with the expensive rooms when we go up the smoke. I could cancel but, it's a servicemen's charity isn't it?

Added: and the food is canny too. You can get anything from Pretentious Officers' Mess to standard cookhouse fare done well.