Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

QGOs

R.McClaw

Swinger
Hello all, I'm looking to get a commission in the Royal Gurkha Rifles and I had a quick question that wasn't answered by a quick scout on the web and this forum.
Although I realise that it would be stupid for a British Lieutentant to treat a Major(QGO) like he was a lower ranking officer although he technically is, are Lieutenants(QGO) effectively on a par with British Lieutenants or do the ranking systems not really correspond?

Thanks for answering what could be a bit of a stupid question

Yup, it was a really stupid one and for a good number of reasons:

1. QGOs do not exist anymore with the exception of QGOO (Queen's Gurkha Orderely Officer) appointment which lasts only for a year.

2. There are no more Gurkha Lieutenants, they all get LE Commission as a Capt similar to the rest of the Army.

3. And no, no able minded Lieutenants would treat a Gurkha Officer as though he was a junior ranking officer let alone the senior most Gurkha Officer in the Battalion who plays the trump card for the CO, now there's a different topic to start...