QDG plot at the National Arboretum

Discussion in 'RAC' started by aghart, Jul 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I visited the National Arboretum near Burton on Trent today 24/07/2011. Today was by coincidence the day the QDG unveiled their regimental monument, A huge piece of welsh slate showing the QDG badge and the badges of the two regiments that formed QDG. The slate is as smooth as silk, my description does not do it justice, it is a very impressive recognition of 1st The Queens Dragoon Guards. To anyone who has never been to the arboretum which before today included me, a piece of advice, "GO" and go soon, it is amazing, a truly great experience.

Top tip, make a weekend of it, go to Burton on trent on Saturday, sample the beer from the brewing Capital of England (Worthington White Shield on draught rather than in a bottle, 5.6%) stay in a hotel and then go the the arboretum on Sunday.

I was suprised by the size of the RTR plot, it was all very moving. The far east POW was very moving, a piece of the Burma railway is in place there, the actual rails were manufactured in Middlesborough in 1904 and used to build the railway 39 years later.
  2. do you mean this, stolen from BBs site

Attached Files: