QDG nicknames, can any other Regiment do better?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by bokkatankie, May 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found this in 1985 Journal to good to waste on rest of the site:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. '........last 3 0830'?

3. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Funnily enough although I was 15/19H, a mucker was called Jones and he would have fitted nicely onto this list. I always called him Jones The Working Day (925).

Or Jonah.
  4. AlienFTM

Having left the cav and volunteered for Corpsaam (an event not a regiment), I used to sign out a Land Rover and a handful of gats and head off to whichever ranges I might have been able to blag a lane alongside somebody else.

One day at Sennelager a bunch of Royal Welch Fusiliers were busy converting live rounds into empty cases and I became aware of the Looie in charge.
    "25 do this."
    "74 do that."
    "93 do something else."

"Sir, why do you address your men so?"
    "Well they're all called Jones isn't boyo."
  5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Bollocks. The last officer in a Welsh regiment with a Welsh accent died in 1123
    • Like Like x 4
  6. AlienFTM

I knew that. I wrote it for effect. (I might say "... for a bite," but I cannot be arrsed.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Several on there I remember from Hohne 1978 - 1979, one of which I was responsible for if it refers to a certain Davies in B Sqn!
  8. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

Not a regimental nickname, but there was a girl in my office who earned the tag "Jupiter" after she left a Giant Red Spot on my couch.
  9. Few missing also:

Exchange Eddie: 141
    Locker Eddie: he used to hang around on top of lockers and scare us, no idea why and never asked him.

The rest I knew and apart from not knowing how to play Rugby the english way they where, mostly, good blokes. Tranvestite was and remains a mystery.

I am sure that there were more Jones's but I think that was covered by the Army number allocation guy who always seemed to give them one to work on. Jones the Beast (666) springs to mind.

Intercity Eddie, by the way had half his face removed and Benny Hughes spent an evening at leisure with the Metropolitans finest. To be fair even I fell foul of them on a memorable Tercentenary bash and spent a night with them and Wellington Barracks. But as right hand marker for the quarter guard being paraded in front of the HRH The Queen Mother all was OK in the end.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Your regiment or one you were attached to? And not only Household Division but a bloody infantry one - read the sticker on the door!
  11. I remember a guy called Banzai, but for the life of me can't remember his proper name. "Big" Eric Heffernen was another, party trick was ripping out bolted down bar stools and throwing them across the dance floor. If I remember correctly there was 3 Howard brothers too, Trev was the oldest (4 Tp, B Sqn) but I can't remember how they were identified. I last saw Doughy Baker (mate of my brother Ray) in Ludgershall about 2002 getting his scimitars loaded onto flats, he was QM(T) I believe but I think he's left now.
  12. Banzai had slightly slanted eyes!

The Smith brothers of which Howard was one, were the bobsleigh team which included Alchie, Schumi and Marty, not sure about the Howards, need to look up the ORBATS again.

Doughy was stores and went on to great things
  13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Hardly ******* surprising when the closest that you've got to the military is playing with your Action Man.
  14. Too much Zulu going on methinks

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)