QCVS

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Oct 15, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know anything about the QCVS? I know it is not an infantry thing but couldn't decide where else to post this...

2. QCVS is the Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service, sweety. It is generally a gong dished out to those who, having been recommended for an award, do not make the listings for an award in the Order of the British Empire category (MBE, OBE, CBE, etc). Why you got one?

3. Noooo - someone I know has just been given one, which is great. I think it is just below the MBE. I don't think you get a medal though - is it some sort of 'certificate'?

4. Nah mate, it's a medal! Enjoy, enjoy and congrats to your m8! :D

5. Its an addition to Operational Medal. The award is similar to a Mention In Despatches in that it is some sort of leaf affair that is attached to the medal ribbon.

6. Sadly not - it's actually a silver(?) fern-type thingy which you attach to the medal ribbon of the theatre you won the award. Still a top-notch award though

7. Is it given in a formal presentation but a royal?

8. It's a silver oak leaf which is mounted onto the ribbon of the operational medal in the same way as the MiD. It's usually presented in the same manner as the LS&GC - ie next 1 star visiting the unit. No trip to Buck House I'm afraid.

9. ..... and you get a certificate.

10. More likely......the chief clerk will chuck you a jiffy bag.....