Discussion in 'Medals' started by atmycommand, Jun 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. a mate has recently returned after leaving the army. Just as he was discharging it was announced in our regimental mag that he had been awarded the QCVS. Now that he has returned he wanted to get a hold of his leaves however when we searched for him in the gazette there was no return

anyone any suggestions to sort this? can he check via JPA or should he be seeking help?
  2. Any operational or state awards are entered in the medals and honours link on your personal JPA homepage. Failing that if it was for operational reasons it will be on the honours list that gets released twice a year and you can google that on line.
  3. its not on the honours and awards list, there are a couple names in the regimental magazine that are not in the gazette or the list!

i really hope its not a **** up!
  4. I would be a bit suspicious, unless it was a Brigade Comd Commendation then it won't be mentioned on the list.

The leaf normally gets sent to the regt and will be in with the SSA or RSM, maybe it's in a safe somewhere still. Just going on personal experience
  5. sadly there was another list for commendations. its begining to look like a monumental fook up!

i may warn him that its not looking good
  6. Yeah - easy to find in the London Gazette - go the their webpage and type in the service number of your mucker in the search box - should come up in seconds.
  7. Is it not normal for the first people to hear that they'd received an award to be the person being told by their CoC? Our blokes were told 1 by 1 by the CO the day before the Honours and Awards list was published
  8. Yeah that should be the drill.