QCB

Airborne & Commando Support Arms (Sigs/RA/RE/RLC etc).
You missed the elite REME?

No mention of RAChD who will offer you sweat tea, biscuits and a shoulder to blub on, get a grip man!

Not everyone sought action, someone had to stop the Chinese in HK or the Turks in Cyprus.
And it was not all sunbathing, adventure sport & night clubbing, sometimes you had to patrol!

No mention of RAChD who will offer you sweat tea, biscuits and a shoulder to blub on, get a grip man!!
Sweat tea! Times must have been hard.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

No mention of RAChD who will offer you sweat tea, biscuits and a shoulder to blub on, get a grip man!

Not everyone sought action, someone had to stop the Chinese in HK or the Turks in Cyprus.
And it was not all sunbathing, adventure sport & night clubbing, sometimes you had to patrol!
Sweat tea? Thank God I'm an atheist..

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
That you should have stayed off the yellow handbags and done some soldiering.
Soldiering...
You're a dab hand at this editing lark, eh ?
Not just your original post from 22 Jan, cut back to three letters at 14:36 today, but over the following two months, you'd gathered your thoughts enough to manage a witty riposte at 14:27.
Churchill would have been proud.
Yet ten minutes later you had a change of heart.

Let's wind it back a bit.
Your well planned remark, designed to cut me to the quick and leave everyone in awe of such a literary deity was originally written like this:

That you should have stayed off the yellow handbags and done some soldiering.
Soldiering...

I bet you were a screaming ******* craphat and haven't seen your cock for years over your fat gelatinous gut, ******* craphat.
I've run my nose up and down that post, yet nowhere do I detect the faintest whiff of slipstream, godlike skills nor the remotest trace of a weighty and well defined penis.
Rather I smelt fear, rejection and a sadness born only of living on never happened glories.
Then you saw you'd pushed the envelope a little too far and retracted.

You remind me of a previous and now departed poster.
I wonder what we'd find with a little digging...?
My money's on no trace of a Trainasium and only a turned back in milling.

You're a dab hand at this editing lark, eh ?
Not just your original post from 22 Jan, cut back to three letters at 14:36 today, but over the following two months, you'd gathered your thoughts enough to manage a witty riposte at 14:27.
Churchill would have been proud.
Yet ten minutes later you had a change of heart.

Let's wind it back a bit.
Your well planned remark, designed to cut me to the quick and leave everyone in awe of such a literary deity was originally written like this:

I've run my nose up and down that post, yet nowhere do I detect the faintest whiff of slipstream, godlike skills nor the remotest trace of a weighty and well defined penis.
Rather I smelt fear, rejection and a sadness born only of living on never happened glories.
Then you saw you'd pushed the envelope a little too far and retracted.

You remind me of a previous and now departed poster.
I wonder what we'd find with a little digging...?
My money's on no trace of a Trainasium and only a turned back in milling.

Apologies, I meant to say "You screaming ******* craphat c#~t", but I refrained.

Attachments

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Apologies, I meant to say "You screaming ******* craphat c#~t", but I refrained.
The frustration and desperation are palpable in this one.

Still can't remember which poster you remind me of, but it'll come.

The problem comes when retired as there's nowhere to put it.

I've seen RAF put it on a RAF blue medal ribbon, with no medal, and Army put it on an ACSM, since it couldn't be confused with an MID or anything else on an ACSM.

Both incorrect, but there's not much in the way of practical alternatives and no official alternative.

QCB and QCVS awards where no theatre medal is awarded are worn (without ribbon) at the end of the other medals.
QCVS is an operational award so can only be awarded for ops 'in theatre' which consequently have an operational theatre medal. The only circumstances where a QCVS could be awarded without a medal would be if the recipient didn't qualify, for example dur to insufficient service.

QCB can be awarded in or out of theatre, but is technically 'non-operational', unlike an MID.

QCVS is an operational award so can only be awarded for ops 'in theatre' which consequently have an operational theatre medal. The only circumstances where a QCVS could be awarded without a medal would be if the recipient didn't qualify, for example dur to insufficient service.

QCB can be awarded in or out of theatre, but is technically 'non-operational', unlike an MID.

I’ve done one on black cotton for a veteran (whom sadly passed very recently)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done one on black cotton for a veteran (whom sadly passed very recently)

That matches the RAF practice. Fine in theory for a display case, or even in uniform on ribbon rows, but simply impractical / unworkable in civvies, for example to formal functions or just remembrance days.

If you put that many medals overlapped onto even the largest medal bar the leaf simply disappears. It just wasn't thought through.

dlrg

LE
Just a quick query. As 'foreign awards', wouldn't the 'Pingat-jasa' and 'Légion d'Honneur' medals be placed after the MiD? or does this only apply to full-size medals?

Superb mounting by the way.

Nice work, Blobby-that group is a thing of beauty: AAC by any chance?
Yes - these miniatures reside with the family. The large set I did (including using the old methods of the ribbon flourish) are on display in the Museum of Army Flying. I’ve done several sets for them (at no charge ).

That matches the RAF practice. Fine in theory for a display case, or even in uniform on ribbon rows, but simply impractical / unworkable in civvies, for example to formal functions or just remembrance days.

If you put that many medals overlapped onto even the largest medal bar the leaf simply disappears. It just wasn't thought through.
Actually, you can wear up to and including 12 side-by-side in miniature. My group I have 11, but yes anything more would be impractical (if marching, but not in No10 Dress).

Here are the large with ribbon flourish. They’re side-by-side for Museum display at the request of the family.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 44
KnifeFightingMonkey Medals 12

Latest Threads