• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

QBOs

Apologies for a new thread - it should be a quick one.

Can anyone remember the set of orders by a German tank commander in WWII (I thought it was Wittman but had no joy searching for that) which went along the lines of "Drive forward, let nothing stand in your way..." or somesuch.

An arrser used to have it as his/her signature block.

I think it was Jochen Peiper in the Ardennes in '44. Wasn't he an SS officer & known as "the Devil's Adjutant"?

I believe he was implicated in war crimes in the Bulge fighting. After the war he was tried, served a short sentence & went to live in Belguim, where he was murdered in his cottage in the mid '50s.

All that is from memory, so if anyone knows the correct version I'd be keen to hear it.

FM

C

cloudbuster

"I have orders. This bank isn't to fall into the hands of the American army."

"Polly, put the BV on, we'll all have ersatz."

"Geradeaus, weiter geht links am Sparkasse."

I think it was Jochen Peiper in the Ardennes in '44. Wasn't he an SS officer & known as "the Devil's Adjutant"?

I believe he was implicated in war crimes in the Bulge fighting. After the war he was tried, served a short sentence & went to live in Belguim, where he was murdered in his cottage in the mid '50s.

All that is from memory, so if anyone knows the correct version I'd be keen to hear it.

FM
Many thanks Foxs Marine - saved me days of searching for it. Jochen Peiper:

"Drive on recklessly, give no quarter and take no prisoners; everything that comes into our sights should be mown down."

FM

This was on telly last night.

For some unknown reason he moved to France following his release from nick and was pinged by former members of the Maquis in the mid 1970s.
His home was burned down and his charred body was found inside with bullet holes in it.

Nobody was ever arrested or charged with his killing.

I love the fact he kept trying to go to the States to flog Porsches. "Ach Buy zee das fine automobile or you Vill be shot".

Malmerdy? No bad blood caused there.

Latest Threads