Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Oyibo, Jun 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies for a new thread - it should be a quick one.

Can anyone remember the set of orders by a German tank commander in WWII (I thought it was Wittman but had no joy searching for that) which went along the lines of "Drive forward, let nothing stand in your way..." or somesuch.

An arrser used to have it as his/her signature block.
  2. I think it was Jochen Peiper in the Ardennes in '44. Wasn't he an SS officer & known as "the Devil's Adjutant"?

I believe he was implicated in war crimes in the Bulge fighting. After the war he was tried, served a short sentence & went to live in Belguim, where he was murdered in his cottage in the mid '50s.

All that is from memory, so if anyone knows the correct version I'd be keen to hear it.

3. 'Two up, bags of smoke'
    • Like Like x 3
  4. "I have orders. This bank isn't to fall into the hands of the American army."

"Polly, put the BV on, we'll all have ersatz."

"Geradeaus, weiter geht links am Sparkasse."
  5. Many thanks Foxs Marine - saved me days of searching for it. Jochen Peiper:

"Drive on recklessly, give no quarter and take no prisoners; everything that comes into our sights should be mown down."
  6. How very Un PC of him!!
  7. Hey, if it works. (Within reason.)
  8. Doesnt seem to have the same ring to it as "cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war" - Havok was an old military command to massacre without quarter - still he was a cherman what can we expect.
  9. He could have said "Let slip the cogs of war." as an alternative to "Driver, advance."
    • Like Like x 1
  10. "Rennt um euer leben, er hat 'ne Panzerfaust!"

11. This was on telly last night.

For some unknown reason he moved to France following his release from nick and was pinged by former members of the Maquis in the mid 1970s.
    His home was burned down and his charred body was found inside with bullet holes in it.

Nobody was ever arrested or charged with his killing.
  12. "Kill kill kill!" Japanese orders 1941.
  13. Sankō Sakusen, circa 1940. "Kill all, burn all, loot all". Post-war Japanese historians put the civilian death-toll in operational area at over 2.5m.
  14. '' not one step back''
  15. "Run away!!!" - French battle orders.