QAs in Teeth arms?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Flambo, Jun 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ever since i joined up they have been on about putting QA's into teeth arms (yes i know they have had slots for them for years!) - is there a conscious effort now to fill the slots? Know an infantry battalion has gone out on Herrick with a nurse posted into them.
  2. I went with 2LI on Telic 2, their CO specifically wanted to have the nurse PID filled for the Op. On Herrick 6 the BGs did not have QA's as part of their RAPs, but there were nurses deployed into the FOBs and PBs who were on the ground at Coy and Platoon level.
  3. I know units have deployed with QA's attatched to them for a tour before, but recently a infantry battalian had a QA posted into the RAP, not just for the tour but as a proper posting for a few years. Are these slots opening up?
  4. The sooner the better - there is a real problem with health promotion and clincal currency, having a QA on board is a good thing
  5. Isn't there a risk though that some nurses might find themselves over their heads though? What requirements are there for the posts in terms of background? I know of cases recently where nurses have found themselves out on the ground functioning as CMT's
  6. up to the coc to place their resources accordding to need and skills.
  7. What a frightening thread.... back to your wards sisters 8O