qaranc

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by NNurse, Apr 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I am a registered nurse with4 years post reg nhs experience, i am A&E trained. I have seriously been thinking of applying to be a QARANC Nursing Officer. I am married with a little girl. I have 2 questions!!

1, What is qaranc life really like?
    2, I like the idea of attending Sandhurst - My mate trained at sandhurst on the full officer course 44 weeks, and he said that army nursing officer pass out in CBt 95, surley this cant be true? what do they pass out in a photo would be great (This question is to shut my friend up!!)

Regards,

James

2. I'm sure a QA will responde soon enough...

On the EOC you'll spend 4 weeks at Sandhurst, as I recall my friend passed out in service dress, if you don't have one then you can wear your dress.

3. Hi,

You Pass out in Service Dress after a very basic parade (no rifle drill) then a lunch for friends and Family.
    The Course is at present 4 weeks long but this looks like its coming to an end. The next course may be changing to 10 to 12 weeks long (Sandhurst phase) the EOC at keogh may stay the same but as each other run differently who knows.

If you need any more info you can drop me a PM

Regards

Wee Man

4. Your friend may have seen a TA PQO cse pass off parade. The regs certainly wear service dress.