QARANC retrade

Currently with all redundancies taking place is there room still for retrade to QARANC ? I've got 6 year left with VENG, and was looking to goto University after my time in the Army and train as a Nurse, but thought last night, why wait ?So does anyone know if its a possibility ?

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Currently with all redundancies taking place is there room still for retrade to QARANC ? I've got 6 year left with VENG, and was looking to goto University after my time in the Army and train as a Nurse, but thought last night, why wait ?So does anyone know if its a possibility ?
I would imagine that it would be a problem. You are not trained yet so can't go across as a PQS. You would need to do 3 years training, then a nurse has to do a further 4 years as part of their TACOS. As you only have 6 years left you will be out of time. You would also need to have the requisite academic qualifications, 5 x GCSE at C and above and 300 UCAS points and on top of all that you would have to pass the nurses board. Things may be different for re-trades but I haven't heard if it is.