Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Sarah22, Apr 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm thinking of applying to join the regulars as a nursing officer, whilst being student nurse. Recently i've spoken to the recruiting officer at Camberely, who said i'd go to Sandhurst on completion of my degree, then have 2 years as a 2nd Lt 'to learn the ropes' then after 2 years post registration experience, i'd be promoted to Lt.

Now in order to get this postion, i must have passed QARANC RCB. Bearing in mind most potential nursing officers will have at least two post reg experience, as a nursing student, would i be at a disadvantage.

Does anyone know if the selection process is similar to main RCB, or is it focused heavily on nursing issues, of which being student, i'll have little knowledge?

2. My RCB is still waiting for you...
  3. I have something for you too, see you after Sandhurst :wink:
    seriously though, you need to know all the current issues surrounding the NHS (clinical governance, foundaton hospitals etc.) as well as whats going on in the world, Brit Army deployments, there are also essays to write, planning exercises, leader led and leaderless command tasks, phys etc....

get your head in the papers at least 2 weeks before RCB and get stuck into anything on the news on the morning you are going.
    Id say good luck, but the last thing this army needs is another nurse straight from qualifying coming in as an officer! :roll:
  4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Come now Filbert, maybe she has all the qualities QARANC look for in a nursing officer:

- the ability to be patronising to anyone other than nurses
    - a complete inability to do anything military
    - a face like a bulldog licking p!ss off a nettle
    - and not forgetting enormous buttocks, and a tube of araldite to glue them to her chair
  5. Or she could be fit and ready to put out to anyone in her mess??

But she's probably bogging :?
  6. Put out or get out!
  7. Saucer of cream for the man in blue :twisted: