Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

QARANC Posting

Join the army, see the world.

I'm not having a go so don't get upset. But, it amazes me sometimes the number of posts we get on here asking how likely it is/what the possibility is that people will get posted next door to their mum, or boyfriend/girlfriend.

To answer your question: You will get sent where you are needed, if you are given the possibility of an option, AND there is a vacancy for your rank and experience level at that location you MIGHT be lucky and be the one whose name is picked out of the hat.

It used to be that people joined the military to get away from whence they have come, see the world, travel, have a laugh, get banged up in some foreign guardroom for nicking the national flag from the barracks, or driving through the fence of a secure airfield whilst rat arrsed.

Join the army, see the world.

I'm not having a go so don't get upset. But, it amazes me sometimes the number of posts we get on here asking how likely it is/what the possibility is that people will get posted next door to their mum, or boyfriend/girlfriend.

To answer your question: You will get sent where you are needed, if you are given the possibility of an option, AND there is a vacancy for your rank and experience level at that location you MIGHT be lucky and be the one whose name is picked out of the hat.

It used to be that people joined the military to get away from whence they have come, see the world, travel, have a laugh, get banged up in some foreign guardroom for nicking the national flag from the barracks, or driving through the fence of a secure airfield whilst rat arrsed.

Appreciate your response, but I've been there and done that, and now just over the wrong side of 30, I'd like to now settle.

I did 8 years in the RMP, which saw me go to 4 different locations all over the world.

I wanted to do QARANC for less of that and I know QARANC postings are only limited to 4 locations. My CoC haven't been very helpful with their advice, but I would like to settle close to home if I can, hence why I want to go to Birmingham.

I'm only querying what the likeliness of me getting my wish is.

Appreciate your response, but I've been there and done that, and now just over the wrong side of 30, I'd like to now settle.

I did 8 years in the RMP, which saw me go to 4 different locations all over the world.

I wanted to do QARANC for less of that and I know QARANC postings are only limited to 4 locations. My CoC haven't been very helpful with their advice, but I would like to settle close to home if I can, hence why I want to go to Birmingham.

Fairplay bloke. Well, I hope you get your wish, but you know how the machine works. Is there no one you can go schmooze up to just to grease the wheels a bit?

In my experience QARANC and chain of command, there is no such thing. The PQOs who know as little as a new recruit astounds me.

I

I've seen your paper work and you are going to 23 Sq at 16 Med Reg.....................Have Some!!!

Thanks for everyone's responses.

I have lobbied my case to the powers that be for why I want to stick around locally to where I grew up and where my family still live, and I appreciate sentiment is seldom considered when posting comes round (I have been around long enough to understand this) but I just wanted any useful insight on anybody who has any posting experience as a Registered Army Nurse :)