QARANC History

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by FLLnurse, Mar 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having been charged with the enviable task of updating the Corps history blurb for Corps day later this month I am looking for info on Afganistan and Op Telic.

I need to know which units were deployed, where and how many nurses served with them. Which units are still deployed and how many personell this includes.

I have tried most of the obvious websites including the main MOD site and the QA association.

Any helpful hints gratefully recieved :)

2. Why don't you ring the units up (The Regular Fd Hosp will be able to help I'm sure) But don't forget about 202. It seems simple enough.

3. Very simple if you know the units to ring.

I don't.

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

All of the regular Fd Hosps have deployed, and most if not all of the TA med units will have sent people, so just ring them all! For a definitive list you could ring HQ AMS. or look on www.mod.uk which has a list of deployed units.

Alternatively, do it the traditional QA way - swan about for a while, demonstrating to unbelievers that, yes, there really is enough DPM material in the world to make trousers that big, and then pass the task on to a CMT or MSO, not forgetting to take all the credit. :lol:

5. shes talking about writing something not painting it. :twisted:

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Pencil or paint?

7. if we want the cmt to write something it is usual practice to give them half a potato and a dish of water colours until they pass their class 1s, then they may have a crayon.

8. :lol: :lol: :lol: After my day?? :lol: :lol:

9. Well TURP in my experience they usually eat the potato, drink the water colours and report sick with the crayon lodged somewhere. :wink:

10. All highly amusing boys and girls. Thanks for at least cheering me up. :lol:

However ViroBono it only takes an adverage amount of material to make my trousers. What I gain in width I lose by being the traditional QA short arse! 8)

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

True enough! As long as the water had some decent whiskey in it!

12. :lol: nice one :lol: