Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QAnon - cross-Atlantic stupidity hits the streets in the UK

Hector whilst I have no doubt you are a small C, your claims to being a conservative are in line with the rest of your drivel.

Then the obvious statement would be that some demographics commit more crimes in proportion to others and thus have more interaction with LE. We were told about 30 percent of the population would suck up about 70 percent of LE's time which is true. As I said were you a younger bloke you would be out in all black enjoying the block party with your peers.

I would hazard to guess that if all your officers were armed, you would have an increase in police shootings.
I'm with @HectortheInspector on this one. I am accused of being a libtard communist because I don't ascribe to fantastic conspiracy theories emanating from the likes of QAnon. The model of policing in the UK is different from the US; there are bigger differences than just the availability of firearms (by both police and criminals). There are also systemic issues across the 43 forces in the UK (and not 10,000 LEAs which the US reportedly is home to) which vex me, but I am not out protesting about it.

You do seem to live in this binary world where people who don't agree with you 'good ol' boy' view of the world are therefore left-wingers. The UK, at least, is much more subtle than that.

It,s pure and simple common sense.
If someone is being a fuckwit, and they are armed without a good reason. tell them to put the gun down or they will get shot.
The majority of citizens in this country do not carry firearms.
The police do not know wether he or she has a gatt or not, so you assume the worst.
Simple.
Double tap to be on the safe side.

What are these systemic issues other than in the mind of the Guardian and its readers? And don't tell me its 'institutional racism' crap.

It's something of a paradox that where the upper echelons of the police have been captured and turned by Common Purpose, the rest of the forces is institutionally racist.

It seems a lot of people believe this "grade 1 delusional feckwittery" like this lot protesting outside Buck Palace. But the questions is, was there an investigation into what was going on with this guy climbing out the window? Never heard anything about in the news.

The clip is from some comedy sketch - the guy is supposedly a footballer shagging Kate Middleton

Hector whilst I have no doubt you are a small C, your claims to being a conservative are in line with the rest of your drivel.

Then the obvious statement would be that some demographics commit more crimes in proportion to others and thus have more interaction with LE. We were told about 30 percent of the population would suck up about 70 percent of LE's time which is true. As I said were you a younger bloke you would be out in all black enjoying the block party with your peers.

I would hazard to guess that if all your officers were armed, you would have an increase in police shootings.

And once again I disagree with you because you are an idiot.

Your specific idiocy in this case is an inability to understand cause and effect, and read and comprehend statistics.

If I were a much younger man in another era I like to think that I would have had the moral courage to give a Blackshirt a good kicking before World War 2 made it fashionable. That doesn't mean I would have gone to Spain to join the Communists.

However, I went through a school system that still had Greatest Generation ™ veterans as teachers. If I could time travel back and say to my old headmaster "Hey sir. You were flying tactical bombing raids on Nazis in Italy in 43, do you think that Fascists will be a significant political force in the 2020's"?
His answer would probably be
"Not if you listen to what we are teaching you.".
I shouldn't need to be considering fighting fascist halfwits at my age, because THEY SHOULDN'T EXIST NOW.
That lesson should have been learned in 1945.

Showing your usual lazy thinking, you say "some demographics have more involvement with law enforcement" and dismiss it with that.

You fail to wonder why that is. You fail to understand cause and effect.

There are three driving forces in crime statistics.
Number of young males, poverty, drug addiction. Your demographic is poor young men, usually with drug habits.

You might then like to look at income distribution by racial groups, but that might explain why they are poor, and it might hurt your head.

If you could think a little more, you might wonder why certain (usually brown) poor men get arrested and imprisoned quite so much.

If you did, then you might consider that having been imprisoned once, the reoffense rate is absurd, because you haven't reformed a criminal. You have professionally trained one.

Then, you might wonder why poor brown men get to go to prison quite so often.
Is it because they commit MORE crimes, or just that they are ARRESTED more often? (that wonderful 70% you quote.)
Cause and effect.

Then you might wonder about the conviction rate. Who can afford decent lawyers, (rich people) and who puts up with cheap and overworked public lawyers ( Answer-poor people).

Your last point is a statement of fact, but it isn't a good point in the way you think.
We have very few police shootings BECAUSE we don't routinely issue weapons. You do, so you have lots.
You seem to think this is a good thing, but the job of the police over here is supposed to be to protect the public. Not gun down people the coppers don't like.

If you want fewer police shootings, don't issue weapons.
-But, you squeal, ALL our criminals are armed!
-Why is that, I ask.
-It's their constitutional right under the Second Amendment!
-That's the "Well regulated militia" thing so the public can overthrow the government isn't it?
-Yes.
-Probably time to get rid of it then.
-What!!
-Is some punk with a Saturday Night Special holding up a liquor store really going to present a threat to the US or a foreign power?
-No.
-So why let him have access to firearms?

It seems a lot of people believe this "grade 1 delusional feckwittery" like this lot protesting outside Buck Palace. But the questions is, was there an investigation into what was going on with this guy climbing out the window? Never heard anything about in the news.

And nor will you, can't have betty's family being accused of any impropriety can we, bad for the old image what!

Bob65

War Hero
Sadly, the Republican Party is being infiltrated by QAnon true believers, Flat Earthers, anti-vaxxers, white supremacists and whole selection box of religious nutters. Once a sensible party for the grownups, now possibly terminally screwed ....

You might not like Boris, but he knows there are no Satanists in the basement of Nando's

What if someone had said to you a few years ago, "there are thousands of working-class White children being raped on an organised basis, the police and social workers know but are covering it up, the Director of Public Prosecutions who oversaw all this will go on to become leader of the Labour Party". Would you have called that person a nutter?

The basic problem with QAnon is that no matter how wild their theories, reality goes a step further.

What if someone had said to you a few years ago, "there are thousands of working-class White children being raped on an organised basis, the police and social workers know but are covering it up, the Director of Public Prosecutions who oversaw all this will go on to become leader of the Labour Party". Would you have called that person a nutter?

The basic problem with QAnon is that no matter how wild their theories, reality goes a step further.

No.

The basic problem with QAnon is that they spout moonhowling fuckwittery.

The proximate problem is that people take real stories (like the Bradford case) and then extrapolate it - without any additional data - to say “well if that was true this must be true too”.

No.

The basic problem with QAnon is that they spout moonhowling fuckwittery.

The proximate problem is that people take real stories (like the Bradford case) and then extrapolate it - without any additional data - to say “well if that was true this must be true too”.

They are now officially endorsed by the Very Stable Genius

However, I went through a school system that still had Greatest Generation ™ veterans as teachers. If I could time travel back and say to my old headmaster "Hey sir. You were flying tactical bombing raids on Nazis in Italy in 43, do you think that Fascists will be a significant political force in the 2020's"?
I shouldn't need to be considering fighting fascist halfwits at my age, because THEY SHOULDN'T EXIST NOW.

Why Should Facism be discredited and no longer exist - Why should it be any differrent to any other political idealogy equally reprehensible yet tolerated - indeed communism is not just tolerated its accepted as mainstream.

Fascism is revilled because of Hitlers lot - but they werent fascists* that was an appellation applied by the USSR.
They borrowed elements - but then they borrowed from lots of things.
Nor was political ideology the driver of the Holocaust it was used to enable it and as a vessel to degrade the Jews etc - but Pogrom against the Jews happened long before Hitler.

Italy was Fascist - and remains untainted by the Holocaust.

So removing the Holocaust( because that wasnt required by facism) what is wrong with facism compared to communism both have lead to oppressive states who have been less than tolerant of those opposed.

Dont get me wrong I have no truck with the Ideology, I would happily piss on both the far right and far left - I just do not see why we allow and indeed actively support the demonising of one over the other - based on somewhat lazy propoganda.

I would far rather the loons at both ends of the spectrum (and any in the middle) had clear voices and were allowed to voice their veiws rather than be forced underground and be unnopposed

*And even if they were Communist attrocitties by one group are excused by another so why should all facism be taintedbu one group

And once again I disagree with you because you are an idiot.

Your specific idiocy in this case is an inability to understand cause and effect, and read and comprehend statistics.

If I were a much younger man in another era I like to think that I would have had the moral courage to give a Blackshirt a good kicking before World War 2 made it fashionable. That doesn't mean I would have gone to Spain to join the Communists.

Showing your usual lazy thinking, you say "some demographics have more involvement with law enforcement" and dismiss it with that.

You fail to wonder why that is. You fail to understand cause and effect.

There are three driving forces in crime statistics.
Number of young males, poverty, drug addiction. Your demographic is poor young men, usually with drug habits.

You might then like to look at income distribution by racial groups, but that might explain why they are poor, and it might hurt your head.

If you could think a little more, you might wonder why certain (usually brown) poor men get arrested and imprisoned quite so much.

If you did, then you might consider that having been imprisoned once, the reoffense rate is absurd, because you haven't reformed a criminal. You have professionally trained one.

Then, you might wonder why poor brown men get to go to prison quite so often.
Is it because they commit MORE crimes, or just that they are ARRESTED more often? (that wonderful 70% you quote.)
Cause and effect.

Then you might wonder about the conviction rate. Who can afford decent lawyers, (rich people) and who puts up with cheap and overworked public lawyers ( Answer-poor people).

Your last point is a statement of fact, but it isn't a good point in the way you think.
We have very few police shootings BECAUSE we don't routinely issue weapons. You do, so you have lots.
You seem to think this is a good thing, but the job of the police over here is supposed to be to protect the public. Not gun down people the coppers don't like.

If you want fewer police shootings, don't issue weapons.
-But, you squeal, ALL our criminals are armed!
-Why is that, I ask.
-It's their constitutional right under the Second Amendment!
-That's the "Well regulated militia" thing so the public can overthrow the government isn't it?
-Yes.
-Probably time to get rid of it then.
-What!!
-Is some punk with a Saturday Night Special holding up a liquor store really going to present a threat to the US or a foreign power?
-No.
-So why let him have access to firearms?
The war on poverty has been ongoing since 1964, quite a bit of money has been thrown at it. One of the key things you missed was the lack of a nuclear family structure in certain groups. The lack of a father in the house is also a significant factor in whom offends.

All the stats you can rehash again.

I would imagine your LE is at a point where all officers need to be armed to protect the public. The reality is that your criminal element is growing and better equipped then the majority of your peace officers and that trend will continue.

I understand you have grown up in a society with “strict” gun control and that is how your mindset was formed. You are the product of your society, but your way of thinking is still out in left field.

All a matter of opinion.

Maybe, but when the list of British Police Officers killed in the line of duty over the past decade fits on a single screen while the list of US Law Enforcement Officers covers several screens for this year alone, I think it’s obvious who is at the higher risk.

endure

GCM
The war on poverty has been ongoing since 1964, quite a bit of money has been thrown at it. One of the key things you missed was the lack of a nuclear family structure in certain groups. The lack of a father in the house is also a significant factor in whom offends.

All the stats you can rehash again.

I would imagine your LE is at a point where all officers need to be armed to protect the public. The reality is that your criminal element is growing and better equipped then the majority of your peace officers and that trend will continue.

I understand you have grown up in a society with “strict” gun control and that is how your mindset was formed. You are the product of your society, but your way of thinking is still out in left field.

The county I live in has a population ~200,000 greater than the population of Wyoming. The last death of a policeman on duty here was Police Constable Joseph Moss who was shot while dealing with a prisoner in 1879... ;-)

Latest Threads