QA entry rank

och none taken - it's a debate, but i was trying to point out that the army isn't necessarily that different from anywhere else (bar guns and odd clothes) and whatever the micro-culture (there's a trendy term bedpan, you've been reading books!) there is a central aim, in our case keeping people well or making them well - chippiness that affects performance is neither big nor clever. Candid, honest, respectful and open ways of getting along are big and clever and (research shows, hem hem) make you better at delivering the goods. I daresay that when my feet are under the table I will be tearing my arsse off with everyone else but I hope I can bring something to the table too without having to go toe to toe with snco's!

All QAs should be given rank according to their girth......the bigger they are, the more rank they should get.......well thats the way it looks for some of the senior officers

youll turn up on your first day at Keogh as a Lt (only 2Lt QAs in the regs are those who have taken the bursary) then at the end of your PQO you will (eventually) be promoted to Capt with what ever seniority has been worked out for you.
Easy really, and Im a poncey medic!

thanks FF
given the new regs, but i'm disappointed now that dui-lai has outed the intended 'commensurate with girth' regs. I've been working hard to shed pounds and be a better soldier - looks like I will have to settle for one stripe and a needlework badge

On this subject...I am an ex-stab QA and looking to join reg. I have 2.5 years post reg. What kind of wage will my wife get...sorry...what will my salary be?
My wife is not super keen for me to join but we are both from military families and she is sort of looking forward to army life again.
I have 2 years Acute Medicine/Stroke and 6 Months Accident and Emergency experience.
So where would I fit in salary/rank wise?
Hollykimalan
PS I want to get the ball rolling...who is the best person to speak to?

Update

Apparently you can't do PQO as an O/Cdt. Over enthusiasm on my unit's part. Hoping for a commissioning board in time for the April intake.

B*gger

Friendly_Fire said:
That's a bit of an ambitious timescale. You can't do the PQO until after your commissioning, you can't be commissioned until after your pre-commissioning (SUPC?) courses, and you can't do them until you're attested.
Didn't I say so? ;)

hollykimalan said:
On this subject...I am an ex-stab QA and looking to join reg. I have 2.5 years post reg. What kind of wage will my wife get...sorry...what will my salary be?
My wife is not super keen for me to join but we are both from military families and she is sort of looking forward to army life again.
I have 2 years Acute Medicine/Stroke and 6 Months Accident and Emergency experience.
So where would I fit in salary/rank wise?
Hollykimalan
PS I want to get the ball rolling...who is the best person to speak to?
starting point - QA recruiting team at Camberley