QA Domination of the AMS - Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by SpeckledJim, Apr 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In maintaining the ethos of ARRSE, has anybody noticed the insidious increase in QARANCs in the upper echelons of the AMS - discounting the over abundance of SOIs in HQ APHCS, we now have a couple of QA ADs and a couple of QA RCDs. There is now a "rumour" that each of the Regional APHCS HQs are to be established with an additional QA SO1 and a couple of posts retitled COS and DCOS. So what does this all mean - a push by the QAs to beat the MSOs in getting a non-clinician DG? The retitled COS & DCOS posts though seems to be a blatant attempt to get some street-creed in their OJAR profile!

2. Only the ones I ask to be like that, dominant that is

3. Rumours..................don't you just luv em !!!

4. 'The retitled COS & DCOS posts b]'

Putting the OJAR comment to one side and with due regard to the high calibre of many QARANC officers, the jobs mentioned would seem entirely appropriate for both MSOs and QARANC- at OF3 or OF4 - and I assume it is the latter. So why are they not 'Med Any' jobs, or am I missing something here?

5. Ah, but you are forgeting the FOE that got them there, after a all a QARANC is a VIP and HTP, and one which WSK because of their MS and of course some are FIT. Others are BAs, so the lads have told me. MU and MOSJ need MOOs, so why not put a NQ QURANC in place with all their MCN quals?

6. So its true then, the QAs are taking over the world!!!!!! Well they've eaten most of it.................... :roll:

7. Yes you will look nice in grey

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Do they still have those little ed capes?

9. I was thinking more of the stockings than the Cape

10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

God yes, that grey uniform with redcape and stockings how bloody perfect.

and not only that but all the ones I've ever met and I've met a few having spent a shit load of time in hospital and at hedley Court were really nice people. So if they want to take over the world they get my vote and as for the domination well all i have to say on that is.

Spank me harder Nursey!

11. I married a QA believe me its not all stockings and capes but most do like to be spanked :D

12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

You bored?! :D

13. Karabiner for DGAMS!!!

14. Karabiner for Prime Minister......................... :)

15. I can't believe all this talk of QA's taking over the world and nobody mentioned the fact that DCOS and COS at HQ 2 Med Bde are both QA Lt Cols.....

At least it was when I last went up there