Q - What will the Corps look like after 2015?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yes thanks, yourself?

I think it will be like a blue oblong. Although I may be wrong and it will actually be orange.

like this........2015 Corps

No too tired!!!!
I would say that we are looking at going backwards and having CS & GS Regt's, whilst calling them LSR & TLG; however one CO for both Units.
What are you on about? Do you know the difference between a CS Regt, GS Regt, LSR and a TLG?

What are you on about? Do you know the difference between a CS Regt, GS Regt, LSR and a TLG?
To be honest they seem to have blurred over the years, and when one struggles (usually due to manpower in certain trades)to do whatever tasking they get given, they tend to borrow of other regiments.

It will be a CORPS struggling to fill LE commisioning gaps due to us all being pension raped in 2015.

We will also have a new trade, Driver Mechanic (when the REME join us!).

To be honest they seem to have blurred over the years, and when one struggles (usually due to manpower in certain trades)to do whatever tasking they get given, they tend to borrow of other regiments.
They haven't really blurred. CS & GS Regts were reformed as LSRs to recognise the prepensity to deploy at medium scale rather than large scale.

There has always been task orging required especially with Tank Transporters for example.

They haven't really blurred. CS & GS Regts were reformed as LSRs to recognise the prepensity to deploy at medium scale rather than large scale.

There has always been task orging required especially with Tank Transporters for example.
I can think of a few instances when it hasnt really worked like that, Telic one had to have 1GS and 2CS merge in 2 LSR. Herrick 6, 4LSR had to ask for extra suppliers (From 6 regt I think), Telic 11, 12 LSR had drivers and a chef doing supplier work and then 6 regt had to provide more.

I always thought having seperate transport and supply regiments is a better idea (more SMEs and better trade orientated exercises). Then when a tour comes up choses seperate sqns from each to deploy. The main problem being who is the CO in theatre.

It will be a CORPS struggling to fill LE commisioning gaps due to us all being pension raped in 2015.
And DE gaps if APC continue ******* people around and posting them to god-knows-where at short notice (then telling everyone "needs of the service come first and if you don't like it, there's the door" while conveniently forgetting the second part of the principle!).