Q about R Sigs

Hi looking for a bit of insight.

Thinking about which regiments/corps i'd be interested in joining on the lead up to my Main Board.

Looking into the Royal Signals and the recruitment page does a good job of showing off the fact that there's a Para's squadron and that might be able to join 30 commando...

However, I am fully aware that there is a lot more to it then the gucci stuff advertised.

So the question really is, is life in Royal Signals boring or is there is enough going on to keep you entertained?

Bit of a simplistic question I know but I'm just trying to get a read on what the different regiments and their life styles are like as I am not too familiar with the Army.

Many thanks
PS

Hi looking for a bit of insight.

Thinking about which regiments/corps i'd be interested in joining on the lead up to my Main Board.

Looking into the Royal Signals and the recruitment page does a good job of showing off the fact that there's a Para's squadron and that might be able to join 30 commando...

However, I am fully aware that there is a lot more to it then the gucci stuff advertised.

So the question really is, is life in Royal Signals boring or is there is enough going on to keep you entertained?

Bit of a simplistic question I know but I'm just trying to get a read on what the different regiments and their life styles are like as I am not too familiar with the Army.

Many thanks
PS
I wasn't in the R Signals, but I know a few who were / are.

They seem, on the whole, to enjoy it. As an officer you won't necessarily be stuck into the nitty gritty of the comms systems, but will be leading and managing those that do.

As a fairly large Corps, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in some interesting things, no matter what flicks your switch.

The opportunity to have a full diverse and absolutely rewarding career is there in the Royal Signals. You'd be daft not to have a crack

How good are you at putting up tents?

Ahem, R SIGNALS.

Any moron can be uncomfortable
Ha! Perhaps I should have been clearer - How good are you at putting up tents for other people?

TamH70

MIA
Ha! Perhaps I should have been clearer - How good are you at putting up tents for other people?

Or washing big steel pans in the cookhouse.

I used to describe myself as being part of my Squadron's Dixie Diving Display Team. I've still got a bit of a scar from all the Deepio cleaner I used in sinks across mainland Britain.

R SIGNALS has a special forces regiment, and special communications squadron, that offer lots of travel and interesting jobs. If thats too interesting there's a sh1t tonne of jobs in Corsham which is the centre of MOD strategic communications.

D

Deleted 15653

Just remember the Corps unofficial Motto "a pat on the back is a recce for a knife"
Which is why the Int Corps always stab you in the front. That way we can enjoy the look on your face as it goes in.

To answer the OP's original question, I worked with both truly outstanding and truly dire R SIGS officers and the same can be said for pretty much every other cap badge, the RAF and the RN. If you have a technical bent then R SIGS can be rewarding and interesting with 'sidelines' as well, though the majority of your work, like most officers will be supervising soldiers and NCOs who generally know their job well enough for you to pretty much leave them alone to get on with it.

There is an extensive Signals board here, some of which is written in semi-coherent English.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is why the Int Corps always stab you in the front. That way we can enjoy the look on your face as it goes in.

To answer the OP's original question, I worked with both truly outstanding and truly dire R SIGS officers and the same can be said for pretty much every other cap badge, the RAF and the RN. If you have a technical bent then R SIGS can be rewarding and interesting with 'sidelines' as well, though the majority of your work, like most officers will be supervising soldiers and NCOs who generally know their job well enough for you to pretty much leave them alone to get on with it.

There is an extensive Signals board here, some of which is written in semi-coherent English.

Get back behind your sliding door, snot head.

Latest Threads