PX Apex Tie

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by billyruffian, Dec 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents,

I am looking to buy an Apex tie from a PX parachute, mine has expired and it was a good keepsake of happy times.

Can anyone give me a steer as to where I might get one ? ( I cant do P Coy again, I'm far too old and fat for that now!)

I promise not to use it for lamp swinging (well maybe a bit) or walting purposes.

Mods if this is in the wrong place or just too Bone for words please move/delete or whatever

2. I might have a spare one, PM me.
  3. X Type Paratroopers Parachute & Reserve | eBay

You can have the whole rig there for 180 quid.

Try this
    Survival Equipment Services Ltd

Unit E, Chelworth
    SN16 9XY
    United Kingdom

Sorry no phone number.

4. If it's as per the photograph, the 'reserve' doesn't match the main rig. They are generations apart. However, it is an 'X - Type' and a 'Reserve'.

Allowing for post #2, there's a very helpfull bunch of characters at PCAU Brize Norton. They will assist you with an apex tie.
  5. Thought theyd all be gone by now Alex?
    Apart from the PX they used for the Dakota theyll be sold off by now surely?
  6. I've also got a couple knocking about in a drawer if you need. PM me an address and I can chuck one or two in the post for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I'd completely forgotten about those. I used to think I was ally as **** using them as key fobs. I wasn't!