PWRR Reserves

Hello all,

I have recently applied to join 4 PWRR and have a couple of questions.

1, I have attempted to contact my local unit but have had no luck on the phones, and I cannot find an email for my local unit. I emailed someone from hq and was told my details have been passed on to my local unit. A week and a half have passed now. Just wondering if anyone has any advise of any other routes I can look into to contact them. It's a newly created unit and I'm not sure if they are even there yet (reading online has told me that they are currently parading elsewhere while the unit is being set up).

2, Was wondering what the time scales were for people who have recently applied online. I submitted the last parts of my application (they asked for a few extra details) 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing else.

3, Any other advise for a new applicant? Fitness, I know what I need to do and am working on it. Any knowledge it's worth researching and other skills worth practising etc

Cheers folks.

ugly

LE
Week and a half? You have no patience, besides I thought all reserve recruiting was centralised now?

TamtamPWRR

War Hero
Drop in to the nearest location when it's a parade night and have a chat, that's the best way to get yourself noticed. I did that when I got back from Oz, and a few days later I was in the back of a 4 tonner heading towards recruit selection. 4PWRR have a location in Crawley, but if that's too far try going with 3, they're all over the southeast.

also locations in redhill, old 103 reme site as crawley is.

Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment
Area Headquarters
Leros Barracks
Sturry Road
Canterbury
Kent CT1 1HR

TELEPHONE
01227 817974

Drop in to the nearest location when it's a parade night and have a chat, that's the best way to get yourself noticed. I did that when I got back from Oz, and a few days later I was in the back of a 4 tonner heading towards recruit selection. 4PWRR have a location in Crawley, but if that's too far try going with 3, they're all over the southeast.
yep. quite agree , the personal touch will always mean more, and making the effort to turn up will stand you in far greater stead than calling or writing. It's just what I did when I left the regulars, don't raise your expectations too high though, they are a part time outfit.

offog

LE
That's just their poor map reading skills.

Snapper 25

Clanker
All units have full time staff so i would imagine your maybe phoning the wrong number. Why don't you phone one of the other companies and ask them for the number.

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hello all,

I have recently applied to join 4 PWRR and have a couple of questions.

1, I have attempted to contact my local unit but have had no luck on the phones, and I cannot find an email for my local unit. I emailed someone from hq and was told my details have been passed on to my local unit. A week and a half have passed now. Just wondering if anyone has any advise of any other routes I can look into to contact them. It's a newly created unit and I'm not sure if they are even there yet (reading online has told me that they are currently parading elsewhere while the unit is being set up).

2, Was wondering what the time scales were for people who have recently applied online. I submitted the last parts of my application (they asked for a few extra details) 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing else.

3, Any other advise for a new applicant? Fitness, I know what I need to do and am working on it. Any knowledge it's worth researching and other skills worth practising etc

Cheers folks.
I know some guys in 4PWRR, what location are you trying to phone?

They have a Facebook page - '4 PWRR - The Tigers' - Try messaging them?

Thabks for the replies folks.

I messaged 4PWRR through the facebook page, that's how I ended up getting in touch with a fella from HQ. He passed my contact details onto my local unit but till they get in touch I can't do much else.

Bravo_Bravo, my local unit is 4th btn, C Coy, 8th platoon, Southampton.

As for time scales I appreciate that it all takes as long as it takes. I'm just trying to get all the information I can and be as proactive as I can be :)

ugly

LE
Thabks for the replies folks.

I messaged 4PWRR through the facebook page, that's how I ended up getting in touch with a fella from HQ. He passed my contact details onto my local unit but till they get in touch I can't do much else.

Bravo_Bravo, my local unit is 4th btn, C Coy, 8th platoon, Southampton.

As for time scales I appreciate that it all takes as long as it takes. I'm just trying to get all the information I can and be as proactive as I can be :)
Stick at it

Latest Threads