PWRR, good infantry regiment?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by ashleydodds, Jan 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, do the princess wales royal regiment see alot of the world and get involved with current affairs for example afghanastan? Also is it a good infantry regiment to join?
    No silly answers please!
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Go away, find some references to CIMIC House, a book entitled "Sniper One" and another called "Barefoot Soldier", and then come back.
  3. ashley, you are currently working your way through most line regiments with your rather inane postings.

Get yourself down to a ACIO and ask the recruiter-that is what they are there for.
  4. What is it to be tomorrow; the Mercians? What about the Royal Scots? Are they for Thursday?
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Probably the "Royal Anglicans" - a fine body of ecclesiasticle men.....
  6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Try googling "Johnson Beharry".
  7. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Thursday's are strictly for the Kings Own Mounted Punkha Wallahs. Damned fine ANA unit that do their best work on Thursdays.

8. No the royal scots are for saturdays question, Its the royal regiment of fusiliers for thursday :omg:
  9. Is he the PWRR then? It won't really tell anybody about the current state of the PWRR will it?
  10. Your question is a bit w4nk, for reasons that other "Should I join the Loamshires/Pirbright Rifles/Warminster Light Infantry" threads on here detail ad nauseam. Ask a PWRR they'll say (hopefully!) "Yes." and ask a Fusilier they'll say No!".

In my recent experience I have met a few young Captains from PWRR and found them to be enthusiastic, professional and keen. Oh and quite barking too. These will not be the cohort going forward to command! However they reflect a battalion at ease with itself and which one would be quite happy to find oneself attached to or setting up in the TAOR of. So there you are, no wiser but possibly better informed.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I like that answer but he won't have he first clue what you're talking about!!

12. Some of you guys need to get a life, all i want is some advice on a few regiments and i cant get fcuk all!
  13. Want advice go to the AFCO, Under NO circumstances go trolling on the internet for serious answers.
  14. Not forgetting "Dusty Warriors" as well.