PWRR, good infantry regiment?

Hi guys, do the princess wales royal regiment see alot of the world and get involved with current affairs for example afghanastan? Also is it a good infantry regiment to join?
No silly answers please!

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Go away, find some references to CIMIC House, a book entitled "Sniper One" and another called "Barefoot Soldier", and then come back.

ashley, you are currently working your way through most line regiments with your rather inane postings.

Get yourself down to a ACIO and ask the recruiter-that is what they are there for.

ashleydodds said:
Hi guys, do the princess wales royal regiment see alot of the world and get involved with current affairs for example afghanastan? Also is it a good infantry regiment to join?
What is it to be tomorrow; the Mercians? What about the Royal Scots? Are they for Thursday?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Probably the "Royal Anglicans" - a fine body of ecclesiasticle men.....

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Fallschirmjager said:
What is it to be tomorrow; the Mercians? What about the Royal Scots? Are they for Thursday?
Thursday's are strictly for the Kings Own Mounted Punkha Wallahs. Damned fine ANA unit that do their best work on Thursdays.

Fallschirmjager said:
ashleydodds said:

No the royal scots are for saturdays question, Its the royal regiment of fusiliers for thursday :omg:

Your question is a bit w4nk, for reasons that other "Should I join the Loamshires/Pirbright Rifles/Warminster Light Infantry" threads on here detail ad nauseam. Ask a PWRR they'll say (hopefully!) "Yes." and ask a Fusilier they'll say No!".

In my recent experience I have met a few young Captains from PWRR and found them to be enthusiastic, professional and keen. Oh and quite barking too. These will not be the cohort going forward to command! However they reflect a battalion at ease with itself and which one would be quite happy to find oneself attached to or setting up in the TAOR of. So there you are, no wiser but possibly better informed.

I

In_my_day

Cuddles said:
Your question is a bit w4nk, for reasons that other "Should I joiIn my recent experience I have met a few young Captains from PWRR and found them to be enthusiastic, professional and keen. Oh and quite barking too. These will not be the cohort going forward to command! However they reflect a battalion at ease with itself and which one would be quite happy to find oneself attached to or setting up in the TAOR of. So there you are, no wiser but possibly better informed.
I like that answer but he won't have he first clue what you're talking about!!

IMD

Some of you guys need to get a life, all i want is some advice on a few regiments and i cant get fcuk all!

ashleydodds said:
Some of you guys need to get a life, all i want is some advice on a few regiments and i cant get fcuk all!
Want advice go to the AFCO, Under NO circumstances go trolling on the internet for serious answers.

Mr_Fingerz said:
Go away, find some references to CIMIC House, a book entitled "Sniper One" and another called "Barefoot Soldier", and then come back.
Not forgetting "Dusty Warriors" as well.

Letterwritingman said:
Don't forget that 2/3rds of the posters on ARRse will not have had any military experience at all.
No, I thought you were all on the balcony with me, so am I the only one who knows the colour of the boathouse then? :D

Why not write to Richard Holmes??

Cuddles said:
Why not write to Richard Holmes??
Saw him before Christmas. He was sporting a Royal Irish Regiment tie :D

How very dare he...he should have been sporting the Guild of Battlefield Guides (plug-plug) one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DieHard Current Affairs, News and Analysis 41
I Infantry 1
C Infantry 74