PVR???

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BPS666, Mar 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would any of Her Majesties finest members of the AGC(SPS) be able to answer the following?

Joined in 1988, moved onto the Noteng/ open engagement (or whatever it was called) and am now serving on VEng. Do I still have the option to PVR? I may have a Job offer but don't want to sign off in case it doesn't come in.

I have searched (admittedly not very hard) in other threads but can't find an answer.

Thanks in advance

2. I know one of the blokes is leaving Tank Farm but i didnt realise they were recruiting so soon!!!

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Boy or Adult soldier?

4. As far as I am aware you can give 6 months notice on VEng, also if you have a good CO he may release you earlier for employment, take into account leave, resettlement etc should see you ok. Muggings here, I was on ECM, also joined in 88, and I did the full 12 months notice period (albeit with a bit of gardening leave) but a friend shipped out tout suite with the 6 month option. Not too sure if PVR is still in effect.

5. Joined as a boy soldier (Brats!!!) but I don't think that makes a difference, does it? Completed my 22 in Feb this year and might not be able to take the job if I can't PVR. I wasn't aware that they took it away?????? Which is probably why I am asking.............doh! Thanks for the gen on a six month option might be worth twisting my bosses ear to see if it would meet with approval - don't want to have to get the padre involved in my new found sexuality...............don't tell me that's changed?

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You can still PVR but I believe that you lose your resettlement entitlement.

7. PVR is for cnuts.

8. No you can't. I also joined in 1988 and am on VEng at present. We lost our rights to PVR when we switched from NOTENG to VEng. I signed off anyway last month and gave 6 weeks notice. I'm out in 16 days time. Can't ******* wait.

• Like Like x 3
  9. PVR may well be for *****, young man, but being a **** is a completely different ball game. I shall of course bear in mind your sage advice when I let silly amounts of tax free money slip through my hands. Try to remember the adults are talking. Now please do us all a favour and be a **** somewhere else. There's a nice chap.

10. We've had 3 WO's leave whilst on V Eng in the last year and one was out within 6 weeks to go to his job. It is a years notice but the CO/Records or whoever can/will release you early if they want to. You lose your resettlement if you haven't done it, generaly because you won't have time to get it in.

All you can do is ask and plead your case where necessary

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Such an insight, glad you contributed!

Cock!

12. Of course posting such a charming comment with you not knowing BPS's situation i had to look over your previous posts.....rejoing the TA eh? So i take it you left in the first place, hope you didnt PVR or whatever the TA do? And then before that you were joining the French Foreign Legion......Im starting to picture what type of person you are now as im sure others are as well!!
    SuperbRifleman1966 is a wannabe TA/Foreign Legion ****

• Like Like x 2
  13. You are wrong, I hope to rejoin the STABS but if i get turned down im going to join the FFL, I served 4 Years in the Green Jackets that is why im rejoining.

14. So you served 4 years and got out and have the audacity to call the bloke a '****' who must have joined before 1991 to be eligible for PVR? He's served 22 years and you served 4?

You hat STAB froggy loving ****.

• Like Like x 4