• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Putting weight on

Since I returned from H10 I've struggled to get the weight back on.

Normally 12.5-13 Stone, I am now less than 12 stone. Quite a few of the guys I was with are also looking a shadow of their former selves, so it is not just me.

I am fit and CFTs, running etc, no problems, but I do want to get back up to my normal weight and look a bit healthier, any suggestions.

Cheers

BMI is Ok, but still lost muscle as well as fat. My mates are in the same situation. Don't really want to just eat crap to get the weight on and I am still running 3 times a week.

Medical checks out OK and I am not sure about the muscle/mass builder powder mixes.

Does anyone knows if these mixtures actually work.

jocky5 said:
BMI is Ok, but still lost muscle as well as fat. My mates are in the same situation. Don't really want to just eat crap to get the weight on and I am still running 3 times a week.

Medical checks out OK and I am not sure about the muscle/mass builder powder mixes.

Does anyone knows if these mixtures actually work
They're not bloody steroids 8O

jocky5 said:

Does anyone knows if these mixtures actually work.
Whey Isolate does. But only in conjuction with a good weight training program. :)

You know the answer your just hoping someone on here pops up with a simpler solution:

Start smashing the weights and destroying a pie in between sets. Get the fat and muscle back on, then the running will find your natural balance of the two until you return to your usual form.

jocky5 said:
You know the answer your just hoping someone on here pops up with a simpler solution:

Correct!!

Thanks for you help.
Ok, I'll bite. :p

Hit the weights on the days you are not running. Non-consecutive; if you run Monday, pump iron on Tuesday etc. Make sure you have at least one rest day per week.

In the gym, use compound exercises like Bench, Squat, Barbell Rows etc. Do 3 -4 Sets of 10 Reps each. This Rep-range is the most efficient for hypertrophy(building muscle). The workout, if done right, should'nt take much more than an hour.

Use a good protein drink(Reflex Whey, ProRecovery etc). Take one drink immediately after your workout and one before you go to bed at night.

Muscle weighs twice as much as fat.

Latest Threads