Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putin to step down?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I just stumbled across a couple of column inches suggesting Vladimir Putin is showing early symptoms of Parkinson's disease and plans to step down in January.

Needless to say, Russia denies it all. Best link I could find that wasn't Mail/ Mirror/ Sun, but there are articles in the Media around the world including Al Jazeera.

Personal opinion? Whilst I don't like Putin and his ways, I hope they find someone strong. The world needs strong governance, not liberal democracy, aka "Do whatever you want and don't even pay lip service to law."

Last edited:

964ST

Old-Salt
I just stumbled across a couple of column inches suggesting Vladimir Putin is showing early symptoms of Parkinson's disease and plans to step down in January.

Needless to say, Russia denies it all.
They might be in denial, but once Putin starts to invite celebrities on late night television shows and interviews them in a comical light hearted way, then even the most hard line commie will have to relent.

This story started circulating last night, with immediate denials from 'official' Russian media sources.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
This story started circulating last night, with immediate denials from 'official' Russian media sources.
Agreed. Not finding it mentioned on Arrse, I felt the need, and imho its very much Current Affairs. The story could run.

Last edited:

philc

LE
The story originates from a Russian source thats been saying the same thing for the last 10 years, no smoke with out fire who knows. Its a distraction from the Us election.

4(T)

LE
Its been a long-running speculation that Putin does indeed have a chronic medical condition, probably Parkinsons.

Whilst the Kremlin and Russian media continue their usual policy of slavish secrecy about anything off-script to do with Putin, there have been a few indicators that something might be up, such as:

There might be some truth in it, if it's been officially denied

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how corrupt and murderous you are, the Grim Reaper will get your evil arrse one day. Good riddance when the evil crook does shuffle off.

Oh, and it's not Parkinson's he's got, the following image gives a clue as to what it is he's caught. That old barebackski backdoorski action is never a good idea.

1604753426228.png

Any shaking is probably more to do with laughing at the current fiasco over in America
It's also pretty cold in Moscow and he probably doesn't wear his woollens enough.

Yokel

LE
Is it worth putting a bet on him not being president for life? No? People like him cannot give up power easily.

As for liberal democracy and weakness, it managed to resist both Fascism and Communism, won two World Wars (three if you count the Napoleonic campaigns), stopped slavery where we had influence, lifted huge masses out of poverty, achieved unprecedented scientific and medical progress....

Stepping down in January to take up a new post in the White House perhaps?

It's also pretty cold in Moscow and he probably doesn't wear his woollens enough.

That's just his excuse to wear webbing, it's doesn't explain the frilly knickers though

Maple

LE
While I'm quite happy for Putin to die a painful death the Russians deserve another crack at democracy, they've had Millenia of dictators, give them a break

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
As for liberal democracy and weakness, it managed to resist both Fascism and Communism, won two World Wars (three if you count the Napoleonic campaigns), stopped slavery where we had influence, lifted huge masses out of poverty, achieved unprecedented scientific and medical progress....
I don't believe the democracies that won the great wars were liberal. That's my point. Democracy has become Liberal = do what you want. In the 20th Century, ordinary men did what had to be done for the greater good, not whatever I want. Big difference.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Or so I have been told.
You mean start of with a carefully carved butt-turnip and work your way up to an uncarved one. As is traditional in the Rodina. Apparently.

So does this mean there will now be fewer Polonium/Novlchuk deaths or more?
Is no evidenceski of that, is all western propagandaski oh look a squirrelski tovarich...
That Trump's bolthole closed as well perhaps, when the law comes after him in the US for all his dodgy dealing?
Shame if that happened, a real shame.

Last edited:

Latest Threads