Putin Presents RN Divers With Medals

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MOD_Oracle, Oct 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Three cheers for RN! Great thanks.

2. The boys did well.

Good to see them get the credit they deserve. :)

3. Its nice to see that the Crab doing his normal taxi work has been acknowledged

4. Well done lads and the crab! He's probably the only serving RAF Officer who earned his medal!

5. Perhaps the crab medal was for missing out on the 5* hotel - Putin was tacitly acknowledging the hardship caused by the lack of suitable accomodation

6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I bet they aren't allowed to wear them...

7. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Could Mrs Blair and her husband deny them the right to wear them after such a public presentation?

8. Yes.
    Next question.

9. Well done lads, lets hope you get to wear them with pride.

Sparky

10. Foreign medals aren't allowed to be worn on UK uniform if I remember correctly. Can anyone prove me wrong?

11. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

They require "royal" approval.

12. As a rough guide (and as quite a few of us are being presented with US gongs) a medal that is presented by a head of a state is usually likely to be approved my Her Maj and you will be auth to wear it. recent examples are Bronze Stars, presented by GWB, approved for wear as opposed to Distinguished Service Medal presented by Sec Def, not approved for wear.

13. An interesting choice of site sponsor!?

Is this a step towards conformity-has Arrse been accepted as an 'establishment' organ?