Putin in SS uniform

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Sep 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

Regional (city of Saratov) newpaper published this picture. Authorities are closing the newspaper now.

It is unfair from my point of view.

Do you think that it is right to depict a head of state (or PM) in SS uniform?

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Is it against any Russian law?

3. Do you think it's right for 'the authorities' to shut down a newspaper?

4. Anything is fair when it comes to Putin.

5. No, its neither big nor clever.

[​IMG]

6. Well we've seen our 3rd in line to the throne in Nazi get-up..... so what's the problem?

7. From formal point of view, yes. A law that defend a figure of president was passed. I don't remember its content but likely it would be used.

Btw, it is from famous, fantastically popular TV serial '17 moments of the Spring' that was filmed in Soviet times.

Soviet spy Isayev works in Birlin as a standartenfuhrer Stirlitz. In this episode gruppenfuhrer Muller says: "everybody may go out but I ask you Stirlitz to remain here".

Resently Russian MP Isayev (!!!) proposed that mr.Putin should remain a president.

From my point of view it is innocent, even friendly picture. Though there are two problems in Russia - fools and roads.

8. It is absolutely wrong.

9. There is a little, beybe even insignificant detail. The lad wore nazi uniform himself. What if British newspaper would publish forged picture?

10. Just ask Piers Morgan

11. hes shutting it as they didt make him himmler just a standartenfuhrer.
    always give the boss the best uniform,,,,

12. Um Bush has been characterized by hundreds of newspapers, tv shows, even cartoons currently running on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSh9EMM2_ls

Wouldn't expect anything less from Putin.

"Rahspect mah authori-tah!"

13. Laws against insulting a President are a sure road to hell. Out of interest, has this story (and that picture you posted) been on Russian TV news?

14. I haven't seen it on TV and doubt that it was shown.

15. I doubt Vlad would have been too impressd with some of Goerings uniforms or his sylph like figure :D