Putin in SS uniform

Regional (city of Saratov) newpaper published this picture. Authorities are closing the newspaper now.

It is unfair from my point of view.

Do you think that it is right to depict a head of state (or PM) in SS uniform?

Alsacien

MIA
KGB_resident said:

Regional (city of Saratov) newpaper published this picture. Authorities are closing the newspaper now.

It is unfair from my point of view.

Do you think that it is right to depict a head of state (or PM) in SS uniform?
Is it against any Russian law?

Alsacien said:
Is it against any Russian law?
From formal point of view, yes. A law that defend a figure of president was passed. I don't remember its content but likely it would be used.

Btw, it is from famous, fantastically popular TV serial '17 moments of the Spring' that was filmed in Soviet times.

Soviet spy Isayev works in Birlin as a standartenfuhrer Stirlitz. In this episode gruppenfuhrer Muller says: "everybody may go out but I ask you Stirlitz to remain here".

Resently Russian MP Isayev (!!!) proposed that mr.Putin should remain a president.

From my point of view it is innocent, even friendly picture. Though there are two problems in Russia - fools and roads.

762baynet said:
Well we've seen our 3rd in line to the throne in Nazi get-up..... so what's the problem?
There is a little, beybe even insignificant detail. The lad wore nazi uniform himself. What if British newspaper would publish forged picture?

Serg,

I'm sorry mate, but your beloved Motherland seems to be going back to the good old Soviet system of doing things. You might argue that communism is technically dead in Russia, but you'd be missing the point. If you can be prosecuted for lampooning your president, or disagreeing publically with state policy, it is time to get out... AND GET OUT FAST!

By the way, I'm not pretending that "Great" Britain is much better these days. A girl I know recently acquired a criminal record for displaying a 'freedom of speech" board outside Downing Street. It is also now an offence (offensive behaviour) to wear a B0ll0cks to Blair T shirt.

Cameron has blown it completely ( old Etonian t0sser advisors pushing for green taxes, parking and air travel taxes and promising to match Labour on public spending), the British public have now seen through him and as a result we have another term of Hard Labour governance to look forward to after the next election I am looking to escape abroad myself. I will probably end up in Tokyo.

Bon chance,

SLR (Not to be confused with SLR Boy)

SelfLoadingRifle said:
Serg,

I'm sorry mate, but your beloved Motherland seems to be going back to the good old Soviet system of doing things. You might argue that communism is technically dead in Russia, but you'd be missing the point. If you can be prosecuted for lampooning your president, or disagreeing publically with state policy, it is time to get out... AND GET OUT FAST!

By the way, I'm not pretending that "Great" Britain is much better these days. A girl I know recently acquired a criminal record for displaying a 'freedom of speech" board outside Downing Street. It is also now an offence (offensive behaviour) to wear a B0ll0cks to Blair T shirt.

Cameron has blown it completely ( old Etonian t0sser advisors pushing for green taxes, parking and air travel taxes and promising to match Labour on public spending), the British public have now seen through him and as a result we have another term of Hard Labour governance to look forward to after the next election I am looking to escape abroad myself. I will probably end up in Tokyo.

Bon chance,

SLR (Not to be confused with SLR Boy)
You're so right there SLR, the tories have lost the plot. They have drifted so far from thier core policies that I couldn't in all honesty vote for them at the moment.

As for Putin in his SS uniform, its a good job they don't have spitting image in the new USSR, he'd blow a gasket. :roll:

Latest Threads