Putin: How much longer will he remain in power?

I tend not to listen to the speculation regards pootin's health, but I have to say he looks royally ducked.....

1652972049358.png

Is that actually him or one of his 'doubles'?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
1652979973233.png

SOURCE

' Russians are fleeing their country in droves. Armenia, Georgia, Uzbekistan; Estonia, Latvia, Montenegro. In the first two weeks of the war alone, Georgia took in 25,000 Russians, and Armenia was receiving some 6,000 Russians per day. By the end of March, 60,000 Russians had gone to Kazakhstan. And many more have sought refuge in a number of different countries in eastern Europe. Since Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine began, Russians who have the means to do so have been racing for the border in what has become the largest exodus since the Bolshevik Revolution. '

I've obviously been a bit too close to the BBC in my time - their obsession with 'balance ' must've been more catching than I thought.

The Moscow Times link showing the original footage takes you to a Telegram account - not interested.

But the footage can be seen on Youtube HERE:

She thinks these armed men in her front yard are Russians. UKR soldier offers her bread in return for her red flag.

He then stands on it.

Babushska puts down the bread and tells him she doesn't want it - and that her parents died for that flag.

An act of considerable courage in my view - all three foot nothing of her telling this armed guy to get forth and multiply.

Read the comments.....not everyone in the world regards Ukrainian Armed Forces as heroic underdogs.

And, to be fair Russians AND Ukrainians fought under the red flag against proper Fascists.

Even if they did so wearing 19 million pairs of American boots, driving Ford trucks and Willys jeeps shipped via Murmansk and Archangel, with considerable loss of life by the British Merchant Marine and the Royal Navy, alongside their USN and Canadian colleagues.

Arctic convoys of World War II - Wikipedia

ConvoyWeb - Russian Convoys

An awkward fact which Putain wants brushed aside in his twisted version of the Great Patriotic War (sic) - like so much else.

Rest in peace: HMS Edinburgh (16) - Wikipedia

I have to say that it’s a low blow on have they treated the old lady and her old man. Yes the Russians are animals and deserve to be put down but it’s not the old folks fault. Ro me it’s a propaganda fail.

He doesn't seem to have any intention of stopping any time soon

"Peter the Great waged the Great Northern War for 21 years. It would seem that he was at war with Sweden, he took something from them. He did not take anything from them, he returned (what was Russia's)," Putin said after a visiting an exhibition dedicated to the tsar.

Whining Civvy

LE
Book Reviewer
He doesn't seem to have any intention of stopping any time soon

"Peter the Great waged the Great Northern War for 21 years. It would seem that he was at war with Sweden, he took something from them. He did not take anything from them, he returned (what was Russia's)," Putin said after a visiting an exhibition dedicated to the tsar.

F***ing delusional.

How much longer will he remain in power? .....​

About three months according to this

... and its endorsed by Christopher Steele so it must be true, and a particular forum member wlll be frothing

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer

How much longer will he remain in power? .....​

About three months according to this

... and its endorsed by Christopher Steele so it must be true, and a particular forum member wlll be frothing
Let’s hope it’s true and it’s something painful.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Mark Galeotti's book, reviewed for The Economist back in 2018, when most people thought Putain was just the most succesful crook in Russia...still worth a listen.
'

The Vory: Russia’s Super Mafia. By Mark Galeotti. Yale University Press; 344 pages; $28 and £20.

Inside Vladimir Putin’s “mafia state”

Just re-reading Frederick Forsyth's << Icon>>, written just after Yeltsin was elbowed aside, around 1997

1655222951733.png

.......pretty sure that his demonic central character is modelled on one Vladimir Vladimirovich Putain......

Last edited:

nightnurse

Old-Salt
With all these oligarchs and ex besties with the big man 'checking out' I have been wondering for a while at what point will the losses outstrip those wanting to be the new best friends in case they become the next one on the list? Or another way to look at it - at what point do they decide he is becoming too big a threat to their continued existence and do something about it?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sometimes its good to move outside the echo-chamber and consider another viewpoint.

I imagine all Babuschka and her slightly loopy old man wanted was to be left in peace to grow stuff, survive winter , make samorchonka and reminisce about the good ol' days before perestroika.

Instead they get used as agit-prop by BOTH sides in a very nasty war in their back garden.

Our much-lambasted State Organ has provided an update on Babuschka Z

Babushka Z: The woman who became a Russian propaganda icon

Until recently, no one knew the true identity of Babushka Z. In fact, nobody was sure if she was even alive.
But she is a very real person. Her name is Anna Ivanovna and we tracked her down to Velyka Danylivka, a village near Kharkiv in north-eastern Ukraine where she lives with her husband, dogs, cats and rabbits.
The lively 69-year-old looks surprised when we show her pictures of the statue made in her image. "Do I really look so old?", she asks. "It's like a stranger is staring at me!"
But her story is very different from the image that the Russian media has been painting. She does not support the war.