Pussy Riot - Putin's not amused

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, Aug 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...or is he?

If ever a story had the perfect elements for an Arrse debate this is it:

Pussy Riot: Putin Urges Leniency For Band

-Sexy young girls
    -Religion
    -Politics
    -er.. Russians
    -Criminal activity

I can't believe that we haven't covered this ( I did a search and nothing came up).

Or am I ludite, computer illiterate spacker?

2. I'd jail them for being ugly and shit singing and dancing in a public place.

[​IMG]

Nope…

[​IMG]

That's looks better!

3. Personal view? **** them.

Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

5. Watching it just now on Sky News, throw the book at them I say, that will teach them to be all smiles, just because the cameras are on them.

6. Any cause that Paul McCartney supports I am diametrically opposed to. I hope the courts drown them in a bucket of his molten compilation CDs.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Let them go free. Jail McCartney instead.

Nothing that they have done could ever be as big a crime against humanity as Mull of Kintyre...

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 4
  8. Come on Jonno, at least two of them are worth a gallop. They just need a good firm 'over the knee' first.

Our girl in moscow tells us that there might be scuffles.

9. I was rather amused by the Russian deputy PM's Twitter comment when Madonna stuck her nose in sighting morals: "Take your cross (crusifix) off or put your knickers on".

10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

What crime? Using industrial language in a church?

11. I don't 'do' artists- the self-righteous, tantric *****.

12. Hooliganism. It probably amounts to the same thing. With a bit of criticising the Party, sorry, democratically elected Government thrown in.
    TBF with you I reckon they'd be looking an interview with plod if they did the same in Westminster Abbey.

If you want to kick against the pricks you have to expect the pricks to kick back. They've frequently got big boots.

13. I'm all for the debunking of religion, especially when it is 'in bed' with a ruling elite - and Russia has a long history of this going back to Tsarist times. However, I suspect that this has more to do with execrable 'performance art', which should probably be a capital crime in its own right.

As Boney M once so eloquently put it,

"Ra ra Rasputin, Lover of the Russian Queen
    There was a cat that really was gone
    Ra ra Rasputin
    Russia's greatest love machine
    It was a shame how he carried on"

And how very true that is.

• Like Like x 1
  14. And don't upset the Union of Orthodox Flag Bearers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

15. This is what happens when Santa goes Nazi.

• Like Like x 3