Puss In Boots - Total Recall song

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MrShanklysboots, May 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On BFBS R2 now - The song by Adam Ant (after the splitter broke up Adam and the Ants).

Fucking hell. Straight back to dodgy hair, the smell of patchouli oil and thinking I was the dogs tazzers in a Mint Green Cardie.

I don't know whether or not to grin inanely or die of embarrassment.

Any others that result in total recall?
  2. Kids in America-Kim Wilde.... dodgy batwing jumper, drainpipe jeans and roll-on strawberry lipgloss,RAF Wildenrath Beehive youth club early 80's! Them was the days!
  3. Jump - Van Halen, first song I heard after the birth of my son!
  4. billy idol, rebel yell and my hair cut,.............. christ wtf was i doing?
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Young whippersnappers.

White Rabbit by Grace Slick on R2 this weekend. Straight back to me looking like a pantomime fairy in cowboy boots and a chenile shirt. "Love and peace babes? Yeah. I'm all for it. Lets sit on the grass and er, debate"
  6. jeeesus, I'd totally forgotten about that stuff!
  7. Garden Party by Marillion - Long Greasy Hair, Bandana, Aviator Sunnies, Denim Jacket patched together, minging jeans, Bullet Belt (later known to be GPMG spent cases relinked), stinking of Patchouli oil (not to hide the smell of the illicit substances - I didn't even know what any of it looked like), smoking roll ups. Often seen carrying Radio cassette player at max volume (before the days ghetto blasters were affordable) banging out the latest Metal for Muthas Album - (I was so square it was years before I realised Muthas was 'street' for Mothers). But I was so fcuking cool.
  8. Anything SKA/Rude Boy/Two Tone - call it what you will:

The Specials - 'Too Much Too Young'
    Bad Manners - 'Lip Up Fatty' and 'Special Brew'

I'm immediately transformed in to a young teenager, wearing my skin tight black trousers with white piping down the sides and my black and white top, spiked up hair and heavy dark eyeliner (bit like Amy Winehouse).

Those were the days!
  9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

'We got to get out of this place' by The Animals. For anyone who remembers Nibong, Gunung Gajak, Planu Mapu or balai Ringin.
  10. You're welcome. Take a walk around somewhere totally BoHo and you still get a whiff every now and then. Then I cringe.

Rope soled shoes with no socks? Yessiree, but only if you do that suit in Lavender with bigger shoulder pads.

Shoot me now. 8O
  11. Madness - One Step Beyond. Summer, out in the woods with the cassette player and a bottle of suicider (2 litres of Galbraith's Stores cheapest offering, stiffened with a half-bottle of vodka), dressed in Docs, jeans that were 90 years older than God to look at them and white t shirt, all topped off with braces and a shaven bonce.

The very berries, we were.
  12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Bad Moon Rising by Credence Clearwater Revival. Twunting skinheads in the Big Market. And when the Busies turned up, who did they nick? Heh. Happy days.

Nowt personal, eh, baldy?
  13. First day in Aden, 1961,a real whitey from Blighty,making our way up to vehicle park,someones radio blaring out Del Shannon's 'Runaway',half the Sqn. joined in with a falsetto screetch-'a why,why,why,why,why.' This is going to be good I thought.Correctly.Takes me right back.
  14. Heed, very much a child of the eighties, what with espadrilles and big shouldered suits, bet you had the narrowest trouser leg bottoms too.
  15. Quality tune, However I think you may find Malcolm McLaren spilt up the band