Pushing your PULHEEMS

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by error_unknown, Aug 10, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm 35 and i've been out of the Army for over seven years, yet my boss still used this phrase against me when I pulled a shit sicky last Tuesday. I'm completely au fait with the senitment, but what the fcuk does it mean??? Despite having it said it to me every two months on average during my army career I still don't know what it stands for.

Can anybody enlighten me?

Without pushing their PULHEEMS of course

2. The acronym ‘PULHEEMS’ is derived from the first letters of the qualities assessed when a medical examination (board) is carried out. The standard of medical fitness in each quality is recorded on a scale of degrees from 1 to 8,with the exception of ‘EE’ which includes a degree of 9. Some degrees arenot in use for certain qualities. The medical classification of a member is represented by a PULHEEMS medical assessment (eg: 2222 1/0 1/0 22)which indicates a member’s degree of medical fitness under each of thePULHEEMS qualities. The PULHEEMS qualities are Physical Capacity (P),Upper Limbs (U), Locomotion (L), Hearing (H), Eyesight (EE), MentalCapacity (M), and Stability(s)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cheers Blackhand, that's cleared that up.

But how the fcuk do you push 'em?

I suppose, if your seen to be performing well, the troopy might tell you that your "Pulling your PUSHEEMS"?

4. Pulling your PUSHEEMS !!!

I think you are really are now pushing your luck CC :lol:

5. "Pushing your PULHEEMS" was usually intended to indicate that the behaviour that you were currently engaging in could rapidly bring about
    a re-assessment of your PULHEEMS.....in a downward direction. A not-too-subtle offer of physical violence!
    Hope this helps.
    :twisted:

6. WinteryParsley has left the thread.

It'll probably ask me why.

I probably won't reply.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I wondered if the thread was haunted.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. and winteryparsley would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that meddlin' Moderator

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. "Pushing your PULHEEMS" - haven't heard that in yonks. The last time was just before an interesting conversation in the bar went rapidly south.
    Happy days.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Haven't heard it since.......

August 11, 2003.

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crumbs, I didn't notice the date.

Then again, the "EE" bit is playing up today thanks to a surfeit of Brakspear "samples" last night.
    Followed by quite a lot of Wild Turkey.
    I'd say "never again" but that is most unlikely.

• Like Like x 1