Pursuing Veterans Agency For Maladministration

GreatDane

Clanker
I intend in making a formal complaint against Veterans UK for their handling of my claim for constant attendance allowance, which eventually ended up at a tribunal which I won. My question is so I need the help of my mp or just go ahead with it.

Snookie

Old-Salt
Owen Thompson MP (owen.thompson.mp@parliament.uk) is currently building a case against VeteransUK. Doesn't matter where in the UK you're from, he'd like to hear from veterans who believe there's a problem with Norcross.
Can’t stand his party but fair play to Owen Thompson for highlighting this issue.
Veterans UK are absolutely shocking to deal with and I hope this MPs actions will improve the service of VeteransUK.

It‘s strange how you can claim for Constant Attendance Allowance if you claim a WP, but not AFCS.

Mosquito

Old-Salt
It‘s strange how you can claim for Constant Attendance Allowance if you claim a WP, but not AFCS.
And the reverse, where anyone receiving an AFCS GIP at 50% or more, automatically gets Armed Forces Independent Payment, which is the equivalent of "enhanced PIP daily living + enhanced PIP mobility". No such similar process under the WPS (he says receiving 100% WPS but not meeting the standard for enhanced PIP daily living).

And the reverse, where anyone receiving an AFCS GIP at 50% or more, automatically gets Armed Forces Independent Payment, which is the equivalent of "enhanced PIP daily living + enhanced PIP mobility". No such similar process under the WPS (he says receiving 100% WPS but not meeting the standard for enhanced PIP daily living).
I'm in a similar situation in receiving a WP at 50% (with a deterioration claim incoming) and an AFCS GIP at 30 %. I get neither.

Snookie

Old-Salt
I'm in a similar situation in receiving a WP at 50% (with a deterioration claim incoming) and an AFCS GIP at 30 %. I get neither.
It’s an absolute travesty in my opinion that War pensioners with a 50% pension aren’t treated the same as the people on the AFCS with respect to the AFIP.

Last edited:
It’s an absolute travesty in my opinion that War pensioners with a 50% pension aren’t treated the same as the people on the AFIP with respect to the AFIP.
TBH it's swings & roundabouts. If you are at set % on the WPS then you may qualify for additional allowances that those on AFCS don't get.

I'm relatively happy with my lot.

Snookie

Old-Salt
TBH it's swings & roundabouts. If you are at set % on the WPS then you may qualify for additional allowances that those on AFCS don't get.

I'm relatively happy with my lot.
I get where your coming from, but the AFIP doesn’t even have to be applied for, so no hoops to jump through.
In my experience claiming additional allowances(War Pension scheme ) from Norcross is akin to pulling your teeth out.
I can see now why people are getting there MPs involved in the shitshow that is VeteransUK.

I get where your coming from, but the AFIP doesn’t even have to be applied for, so no hoops to jump through.
In my experience claiming additional allowances(War Pension scheme ) from Norcross is akin to pulling your teeth out.
I can see now why people are getting there MPs involved in the shitshow that is VeteransUK.
When I was finally medically discharged from NRPS (injury that eventually lead to me getting my AFCS GIP) I submitted my WP claim for 11 injuries from 1975-2005 and never experienced any problem and everytime I've submitted a deterioration claim I've been dealt with promptly, efficiently and the visiting HC Pro has, except for on 1 occasion, been very empathetic. Everytime though I've had to write and ask to be considered for whatever allowance my % suggests I may be able to claim but again they came through in a matter of weeks.

I know others have not had it so easy particularly in the last few years but, for once in my life I seem to have been looked at & treated fairly. I wish I could say the same for the AFCS lot!

Latest Threads