Purple?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by DozyBint, Sep 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help please!

I know that the term "purple" is bandied around on here when talking about tri-service things, but are there any official (civvy accessible) sources I can direct someone to that use and explain the term?

Thank you!

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'm guessing it has to with service flags and/or uniforms, i.e. navy Royal Blue (white ensign? guess a lighter shade of purple?), Army 'Red Coats' and Red Flag, RAF prussian blue, flag sky blue?

Blue and Red, bla bla.

3. I'm curious. What the fcuk for?

4. Purple is just slang for tri-service. Nothing mystical or special, just the Army showing the Navy and Air Force how things should be done!

5. http://www.british-army-military.com/wiki/index.php/Joint

from Google!

6. Hm. If you ever get a chance to go to Centurion in Gosport, you can see how they have taken "purple" to a whole new extreme. Light purple walls (bulkheads) and dark purple doors (bulkhead connectors). White ceilings (deckheads) and motivational posters everywhere.....

If that's "showing us how it's done", then we are happy to blindly (colour blindly) follow!

Purple was a MOD committee (what else) idea of what happens when you mix red and blue together. And the light blue gets lost in the mix completely!

7. So will you be getting purple helmets? :censored: