Purple Bricks - Buying/Selling Property

This is an online estate agents. The main attraction to using them is that their fees are tiny in comparison to estate agents which have an office to finance.

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, to share about using this company?

One of their agents that I spoke to seemed to think that they were putting established firms on the ropes but was a bit vague on actual figures. Other estate agents that I spoke to seemed a bit a spooked that I was speaking to Purple Bricks and couldn't give sensible reasons to not do business with them beyond using actors instead of the owners in their TV adverts...

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
This is an online estate agents. The main attraction to using them is that their fees are tiny in comparison to estate agents which have an office to finance.

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, to share about using this company?

One of their agents that I spoke to seemed to think that they were putting established firms on the ropes but was a bit vague on actual figures. Other estate agents that I spoke to seemed a bit a spooked that I was speaking to Purple Bricks and couldn't give sensible reasons to not do business with them beyond using actors instead of the owners in their TV adverts...
But our house through purple bricks. Wasn't too much of a drama.

Estate agents work historically face to face and locally. Things however are going online. There was a time people who ran shops that sold clothes, music, white goods etc used to think the same about the internet.

Estate agents will however adapt. Won't be too long until they start offering up internet based services as most people now can do their own on line research to find out what the local crime rates, bus routes, schools etc are like in an area rather than picking the brains of an estate agent.

Echo Archie they do seem to hang around , a decent agent will be plugged in locally , make ting lists and whether things like open house work and know what the local market is.

Good points.

I am concerned that PB doesn't offer much protection against ditherers whereas I know a physical estate agent will badger people to death.

With a bricks & mortar estate agents you pay a premium for their professionalism, honestly & integrity*

* yes, I'm taking the pish

On line estate agents are growing in Popularity so probably the future. My son is coming up from the Smoke tomorrow I will ask him about Purple Bricks as he is a parasite err I mean an Estate agent.

In the business they are known as purple pricks...

I've worked with a couple of branches of ewe move, apart from their over reliance on sheep based puns they are pretty good. Being franchises they are local, even the online only branches.

Currently buying through PB - will let you know when we've completed!

Have to say, their agent was very responsive throughout the viewing and offers process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A local estate agent does quite a bit for you and is a good contact. RB however, charge you for everything. Their upfront costs are low but then you need a search whci you arrange, a surveyor, which you have to arrange yourself and then deal with appointments for buyers and then the legal side. It may be more expensive going through a typical estate agent but at least they build a lot of that into their costs. My daughter works for an estate agents and she and her staff say keep away from ALL the TV advert cheap DIY agencys as most of them are not worth the agro

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
they have posted a loss of over 11 million quid
they spend one million a month on advertising ????
and they got a telling off over their adverts from the ASA for telling lies
they are trying to barge theri way into the market by flooding it with high pressure advertising, and then killing of competitors, they are also trying to move into the Australian market
give it a year or so and they will fold big time and lots of people will lose out

Sarah Beeny does a similar service. I haven't used it but I do like to look at picture of her other assets.

Difficult to say. I've dealt with a few properties through PB. To be honest they don't seem any worse or any better than other estate agents - ie some professional high street estate agents I have dealt with are straight and helpful, others are deceitful gits. The PB guys I have dealt with have been helpful. Bearing in mind estate agents get their commission from moving on a property, it's often in agents interest to push prices up (bigger commission) and then if things linger, to push for a reduction (they need the commission to pay the wages...). I do know that some of the "internet" agents only push your property for a given period of weeks, then it drops down the list. Also there are quite a few high street agents who seem to do the minimum to push your property and help the buyer (no floor plans and vague descriptions on the basis of buyer beware and let's see if the surveyor finds the problems....)

in laws bought through them - went well, they're very happy (i'd have prefered a few more (hundred) miles distant...).
For very entry level silver bodyboarders, more used to traipsing road estate agents & picking up brochures, i was surprised at how quickly they went for PB.
guess if you have found the right house, then they are a good value for money fit

Last edited:

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
Used to rent out 2 properties.
Recommended.