Purges on social media sites

Man, that is so true. Nowadays, if you disagree with something that is a universally accepted, than you can not express yourself normaly, you do not have that freedom of speech, and take a look, we are living in 2020, 21st century, man it is absurd. If i say that i don't like gay people, than i should be judged, isn't that stupid? I mean, everysingle person has his own opinion, why should we be treated like that just because we disagree with a certain thing, i see it as the most stupid thing nowadays. And all these influencers on social media, i see them as the most 2 faced human beings right now. The only thing they can actually do is kissing arrse and looking for how to buy instagram followers, in order to keep their popularity, or become more popular, as they see it like this. The thing is that i do not like them is exactly their gayness, so i am sorry but why i should not be allowed to express myself? This is my idea, i do not try to offend them, i just say i do not like them, and thats all.
Well, look at you, you spamming wretch!

Reported.

You have a good day, now . . .

you have re

I did.

you have read it objectively I assume.?

it used to be good now it is no better than the guardian most days.
I've read both. I would say that Breitbart panders towards the further reaches of its favoured political leaning than the Huffington Post does.

Furthermore, if you think the Huffington Post is XLW then I feel safe in assuming that you're pretty blinkered. It's firmly left, sure, and not always factual - however its not as bad as Breitbart.

You are entitled to your own opinion
You can voice your own opinion
Social media sites are not required to give you that voice on their systems

You are judging homosexuals but are complaining about being judged for your opinion.
They have the right to be offended, you have the right to be offensive.
If you are just stating opinion you can do that, if you cross the line against legislation then the legal system can step in, if you cross the line against social media policies then they can step in, if you cross the line against arrse rules then the moderators can step in
They don’t deny you a voice, you can express yourself elsewhere

You are entitled to your own opinion
You can voice your own opinion
Social media sites are not required to give you that voice on their systems

You are judging homosexuals but are complaining about being judged for your opinion.
They have the right to be offended, you have the right to be offensive.
If you are just stating opinion you can do that, if you cross the line against legislation then the legal system can step in, if you cross the line against social media policies then they can step in, if you cross the line against arrse rules then the moderators can step in
They don’t deny you a voice, you can express yourself elsewhere
Where's that then?
I picked up a lifetime ban from Twatter because, I think, I made a comment about the protester that burst into the Mansion House Speech a couple of years ago- I supported the MP (can't remember who) who stopped her and shovelled her out. Apparently I was advocating violence against women. Prior to my ban I read dozens of comments from lefties advocating violence, I reported most, no action seemed to follow.

Man, that is so true. Nowadays, if you disagree with something that is a universally accepted, than you can not express yourself normally, you do not have that freedom of speech, and take a look, we are living in 2020, 21st century, man it is absurd. If i say that i don't like gay people, than i should be judged, isn't that stupid? I mean, every single person has his own opinion, why should we be treated like that just because we disagree with a certain thing, i see it as the most stupid thing nowadays. And all these influencers on social media, i see them as the most 2 faced human beings right now. The only thing they can actually do is kissing arrse and looking for how to buy Instagram followers, in order to keep their popularity, or become more popular, as they see it like this. The thing is that i do not like them is exactly their gayness, so i am sorry but why i should not be allowed to express myself? This is my idea, i do not try to offend them, i just say i do not like them, and that's all.
Look the Earth is a sphere, get used to it.

endure

GCM
Man, that is so true. Nowadays, if you disagree with something that is a universally accepted, than you can not express yourself normaly, you do not have that freedom of speech, and take a look, we are living in 2020, 21st century, man it is absurd. If i say that i don't like gay people, than i should be judged, isn't that stupid? I mean, everysingle person has his own opinion, why should we be treated like that just because we disagree with a certain thing, i see it as the most stupid thing nowadays. And all these influencers on social media, i see them as the most 2 faced human beings right now. The only thing they can actually do is kissing arrse and looking for how to buy instagram followers, in order to keep their popularity, or become more popular, as they see it like this. The thing is that i do not like them is exactly their gayness, so i am sorry but why i should not be allowed to express myself? This is my idea, i do not try to offend them, i just say i do not like them, and thats all.
You just have...

Where's that then?
I picked up a lifetime ban from Twatter because, I think, I made a comment about the protester that burst into the Mansion House Speech a couple of years ago- I supported the MP (can't remember who) who stopped her and shovelled her out. Apparently I was advocating violence against women. Prior to my ban I read dozens of comments from lefties advocating violence, I reported most, no action seemed to follow.
You can voice on Facebook, twitter, YouTube, forums etc while within their terms.
You can also create a website, or your own forums and groups etc

In real life you can voice your opinions in the pub - and others can listen, ignore etc or the landlord can tell you to leave if they don’t like your opinions in their pub.
You can talk to friends, passers by, get on your soapbox, make a banner and march the streets

The extremists who are voicing that they don’t have a voice due to social media bans are still on the Internet

no f in beer

War Hero
Now the footy season is in pause mode i have not stumbled onto twitter for a week or so. My mind is in a much better place and i do not get 'annoyed' anywhere near as much. Having the bbc AND twitter on ignore seems the way forward

You can voice on Facebook, twitter, YouTube, forums etc while within their terms.
You can also create a website, or your own forums and groups etc

In real life you can voice your opinions in the pub - and others can listen, ignore etc or the landlord can tell you to leave if they don’t like your opinions in their pub.
You can talk to friends, passers by, get on your soapbox, make a banner and march the streets

The extremists who are voicing that they don’t have a voice due to social media bans are still on the Internet
Yes, I appreciate that I can go to the pub and spout whatever my opinions are, folks have done it for centuries. In a free society I should be able to without someone secretly denouncing me to 'the authorities'.
I agree that when on any form of social meejuh I should think about what I type before I press 'enter', that much is common sense.

My problem is with the terms of the various forums, 'who guards the guards'? Why can a person be banned for expressing such an opinion as "Transgender people are mentally ill and should be treated as such, rather than go under the knife to have irreversal medical procedures, that they will likely regret in later life" (Transfobia)
And yet an intellectual from Cocksnot university can go onto the same platform and say things like "The white race must be elliminated" (Racial hatered (against white people))?

If you want to know who the idiots are, you need to leave them out in the open, where they can be seen. Legislating and moderating them out of sight simply drives them underground. THe discussion becomes stiffled, people feel that they have no voice and lean towards extreme views.

It's quite simple. Just don't use the platforms which allow people to advocate such things while undermining or censoring opposing views. If folks stop acting like sheep, they will no longer be marketed as such. Nothing stopping you pointing this out to others as well.

endure

GCM
Yes, I appreciate that I can go to the pub and spout whatever my opinions are, folks have done it for centuries. In a free society I should be able to without someone secretly denouncing me to 'the authorities'.
I agree that when on any form of social meejuh I should think about what I type before I press 'enter', that much is common sense.

My problem is with the terms of the various forums, 'who guards the guards'?
The people who own that particular forum.

I've told this story before but before the internet there were bulletin boards.
A guy in Nottingham set up quite a fancy (for the time) BB with 2 lines and some forum software.
He was in the habit of deleting posts from people that he thought crossed some line of his own making.
When challenged about this he pointed out that he owned all the kit, he paid for the phone lines and if you didn't like it you were free to set your own up.

Latest Threads