Purges on social media sites

A few days ago, Reddit, YouTube and Twitch simultaneously purged a lot of their content. They shut down tens of thousands of forums, streamers and video channels without warning.

The fact that it wasn't just a run-of-the-mill individual cleanup is what is bothering a lot users. Early last year, some subreddits I was using were initially NSFW'd then just straight out banned, and the follow-ups to those were subsequently shut down last week. Even the new players in the game that claim they are anti-censorship, such as Parler, have suddenly cleaned up and culled some of their forums and threads.

It is becoming harder to express any kind of opinion construed as controversial, although the extreme sites still exist. A thread about YouTube was started a few days ago here, and YouTube is increasingly losing money and suddenly de-monetising certain channels, shadow-banning subscribers and charging extra fees without warning. A lot of people who had popular YouTube channels have now set up a back-up elsewhere for when YouTube decides to ban them without warning.

Fück off you dullard.

News sites have suffered as well.
Many comment sections are now closed.
Freedom of speech is allowed as long as your agenda is a leftie one.
I’m not really sure why privately owned websites are expected to allow unlimited freedom of speech. Posting in the comments section of a local or national newspaper isn’t a human right.

A few days ago, Reddit, YouTube and Twitch simultaneously purged a lot of their content. They shut down tens of thousands of forums, streamers and video channels without warning.

The fact that it wasn't just a run-of-the-mill individual cleanup is what is bothering a lot users. Early last year, some subreddits I was using were initially NSFW'd then just straight out banned, and the follow-ups to those were subsequently shut down last week. Even the new players in the game that claim they are anti-censorship, such as Parler, have suddenly cleaned up and culled some of their forums and threads.

It is becoming harder to express any kind of opinion construed as controversial, although the extreme sites still exist. A thread about YouTube was started a few days ago here, and YouTube is increasingly losing money and suddenly de-monetising certain channels, shadow-banning subscribers and charging extra fees without warning. A lot of people who had popular YouTube channels have now set up a back-up elsewhere for when YouTube decides to ban them without warning.
I blame the darkies...

I’m not really sure why privately owned websites are expected to allow unlimited freedom of speech. Posting in the comments section of a local or national newspaper isn’t a human right.
double edged sword. Some sites exist on revenue based on 'hits', and controversy sells.
On the other side, you don't want a reputation as a radical left /right pit.

Surprise Surprise, my personal scouse stalker
Still upset am a veteran? Or that I get paid more to live in a shitty city than the locals do because am not a local?
Im not a scouser you buffoon.

You’re not a veteran, you’ve never served in the armed forces, you’ve been a cadet at best, the rest is just fantasy.

Big timing about how well you are paid generally indicates you’re a big timing bluffing cùnt, which would fit your profile.

Surprise Surprise, my personal scouse stalker
Still upset am a veteran? Or that I get paid more to live in a shitty city than the locals do because am not a local?
You are either missing an 'I' or confusing 'am' with 'I'm'. Please stop it.

Im not a scouser you buffoon.

You’re not a veteran, you’ve never served in the armed forces, you’ve been a cadet at best, the rest is just fantasy.

Big timing about how well you are paid generally indicates you’re a big timing bluffing cùnt, which would fit your profile.
Stop stalking me. You are just upset that veterans have better lives than most. I didn't say was well paid, I said was better paid than the locals, because my firm like many in area, would prefer to employ and pay for trustworthy individuals rather than risk scousers being within their perimeter.

Fück off you dullard.
Ignoring the who the poster is, he's got a good point.

The mass manipulation of social media by a very small number of companies is a collosally powerful and dangerous thing.

I think there's an important link between media control and the rise of the XLW over the last few years.

ipso_facto

War Hero
Yes it's happening. One channel I was watching tonight on YouTube was taken down mid live stream. The video was a detailed analysis of the the interaction of various people during President Trump's inauguration.

You are either missing an 'I' or confusing 'am' with 'I'm'. Please stop it.
he’s missing a not after am and before veteran. The big Walty tool