Punk rock thread

colinmc400

Old-Salt
Yes its one of the first 999 songs I heard, along with Nasty Nasty. Then I looked forward to see them headlining the Lyceum one Sunday night in 1985, with the UK Subs and the Exploited. After their fourth song, I had enough and walked out. I had lost my mates in the crowd, but decided if they wanted to stay and suffer, that was their lookout.
You lasted longer than i did, when i went to see the Crass in Bristol @1980. Fark that was terrible.

'Homicide' is better.

Best 'Emergency'? , bit (a lot!) of contention from Girlschool/Headgirl IMHO.

A good song. But Infa Riot do a more powerful version on their debut album. They also opened with this number when they supported the Exploited in November 1981 at Birmingham and Northampton.

A good song. But Infa Riot do a more powerful version on their debut album. They also opened with this number when they supported the Exploited in November 1981 at Birmingham and Northampton.
Way after my time I'm afraid. I just about caught the tail end of the Punk era. This was when Bob Geldorf and the Boomtown Rats were emerging as the new thing.

Was never a massive fan of the Sex Pistols but The Ramones, Slaughter and The Dogs, Motors etc fine.

I've still got a cassette tape in a box in the loft with the John Peel show taped along with a shi¥ load of punk music on it.

Last edited:
Force Fed Lies play Gateshead Black Bull on Saturday night.

1631827378669.png

I am looking forward to North East Calling this coming Saturday.

1632170009597.png

Also looking forward to other smaller gigs in the area. Spizz out of retirement, and doing the Black Bull on October 3rd.

Blimey, what a brilliant thread.

Just worked my way through it over the last few hours and memories or what. Even Chron Gen get a mention!

I was always a Mod at heart but did see the Clash in Brighton in 1983. They were supported by Amazulu. Yes, thats right, Ama fcuking Zulu. The abuse they got from the crowd was biblical.

As a teen growing up in the late 70's early 80'S I would have physically fought anyone (in my dreams) who would have dared to imply that Punk was not a pure British invention.

However, as a newbie here, and without wishing to be a dick, when I first heard of and then looked into the MC5 I think these blokes were light years ahead of their time. To me they are the original punks (from the USA of all places) but happy to be put right by the more knowledgable here.

Thanks for some amazing song/video links by the way.

Just worked my way through it over the last few hours and memories or what. Even Chron Gen get a mention!

I was always a Mod at heart but did see the Clash in Brighton in 1983. They were supported by Amazulu. Yes, thats right, Ama fcuking Zulu. The abuse they got from the crowd was biblical.

As a teen growing up in the late 70's early 80'S I would have physically fought anyone (in my dreams) who would have dared to imply that Punk was not a pure British invention.

However, as a newbie here, and without wishing to be a dick, when I first heard of and then looked into the MC5 I think these blokes were light years ahead of their time. To me they are the original punks (from the USA of all places) but happy to be put right by the more knowledgable here.

The funny is for the 'abuse was biblical' comment... ;) :wink:

Had a quick shufty at the video. A bit too heavy for my liking. The mosh pit folk are looking a tad bewildered, as if to say WTF...

Quite a cheap one for me yesterday. First off, I found a daysaver Metro ticket, which saved me a fare. Then, I jibbed into the venue, which was a piece of piss. Saw Crashed Out, Conflict, Anti Nowhere League, bit of Steve Ignorant, and then saw Sham 69.
Next gig for me is on Friday. UK Subs at Darlington Forum, which was meant to have been played in April last year.

Quite a cheap one for me yesterday. First off, I found a daysaver Metro ticket, which saved me a fare. Then, I jibbed into the venue, which was a piece of piss. Saw Crashed Out, Conflict, Anti Nowhere League, bit of Steve Ignorant, and then saw Sham 69.
Next gig for me is on Friday. UK Subs at Darlington Forum, which was meant to have been played in April last year.
Jibbed in I hear you say...

Pray do tell

I have jibbed into the Northumbria University quite a few times. Plus a number of other venues, including Gateshead Sage, Bilston Robin, Birmingham Asylum, Wolvo Poly, Gateshead Three Tuns, London 100 Club and Stevenage Bowes Lyon Centre.

Just been out in the car. On the radio comes Into The Valley from The Skids. Pleasant little choon with a very good guitar riff. Not sure if it was classed as punk or not.

Swiftly followed by Video Killed The Radio Show from Buggles. Quite enjoyed that.

Just been out in the car. On the radio comes Into The Valley from The Skids. Pleasant little choon with a very good guitar riff. Not sure if it was classed as punk or not.

Swiftly followed by Video Killed The Radio Show from Buggles. Quite enjoyed that.

That's the only Skids single I have got. Prefer the Albert Tatlock B-side.