Punk rock thread

Couldn't get past the Guardroom inspection in mohair jumpers in '77 :(
Morning @PaulinBont,
I used to sign out in smart/casual civvies with punk gear in bag, stash bag outside camp. Sign out nip back get changed, leave camp in boot of oppo's car or coat hiding civvies. Stash civvies or leave them in car.
I had a few ways of doing it. Never failed even when bumping into officers, from CO down to NCO's out of camp. They all knew but let it slide and this was a Guards Regiment from '77/8 onwards
I joined with spiked hair(natural colour), got the depot haircut but when it grew I spiked it and no problems(ok a few
Screenshot_20200516-143840_Photos~3.jpg
).
Myself and 3 mates had a long-term rented flat in Leytonstone. On long weekends/leave I used to get my hair bleached in a Brookwood hairdressers(or wherever), then have a great time going to gigs, parties etc. Before leaving London I'd get my nut shaved down to the bone.
Many pictures of me in uniform with spiked hair in storage in Blighty.
This one I do have on my phone made it into 'National Geographic'.

Morning @PaulinBont,
I used to sign out in smart/casual civvies with punk gear in bag, stash bag outside camp. Sign out nip back get changed, leave camp in boot of oppo's car or coat hiding civvies. Stash civvies or leave them in car.
I had a few ways of doing it. Never failed even when bumping into officers, from CO down to NCO's out of camp. They all knew but let it slide and this was a Guards Regiment from '77/8 onwards
I joined with spiked hair(natural colour), got the depot haircut but when it grew I spiked it and no problems(ok a fewView attachment 474028).
Myself and 3 mates had a long-term rented flat in Leytonstone. On long weekends/leave I used to get my hair bleached in a Brookwood hairdressers(or wherever), then have a great time going to gigs, parties etc. Before leaving London I'd get my nut shaved down to the bone.
Many pictures of me in uniform with spiked hair in storage in Blighty.
This one I do have on my phone made it into 'National Geographic'.
So, you were the guardsman on the postcard, with the Punks stood next to him.

Sorry to say that Rebellion is cancelled for this year. Tickets are valid for 2021, and refunds are available. I bet there are many pissed off hotels, pubs, bar, clubs, BnB's, takeaways and restaurants. Apparently, the festival brings about £1m worth of trade to the town. As well as scaring the local chavs off. When I rang my usual digs to cancel, the landlady said she preferred us lot to the ********* on the usual stag/hen parties she sometimes gets.

Well, if it wasn't for this poxy virus, I would by now be in the Star pub over the road from the Newcastle O2 Academy, having a cupla reasonably priced pints, before the UK Subs set tonight.

On this date 1996, I was at the Sex Pistols gig at Finsbury Park. Among the supports were Stiff Little Fingers, who we missed due to engineering works on the railway line from Wolverhampton. I wasn't impressed that smaller bands like Skunk Anansie, and the Wildhearts were given higher status on the bill.

We spent the afternoon wandering round and meeting people we know from all over. There was a massive crush when the Pistols came on, and despite going down many time, and helping others back up, I was ok. Then, at one point, I went over on my back. Someone's shin went over my throat, and other bodies pinned us down. Nobody had yet pulled the pile off us. I actually thought I was gonna die, but managed to turn my head, so the shin was across my jaw, and then my temple. Eventually I got dragged back up, and got to a safer part of the crowd.

One of my mates ended up in the St John's after having his knee put out, and had 6 weeks off work. A great day out.

1594738218509.png

The ill-fated tour in March this year has now been rescheduled to March 2021. Same supports. The Professionals have a live stream on Thursday July 23, at 1900hrs on FB.
AFAIK, tickets bought for this year will still be valid.

1594979818049.png

Rebellion is cancelled this year, as we already know. Here is a free festival at the much smaller Washington, the same weekend.

1594980043888.png

Gigs slowly coming back. 1977 play the Schooner in Gateshead, near the Stadium.

1594980160037.png

And Rigid Digits playing same place a cupla weekends later.

Seems the mini festival at the Washington is now cancelled. I often have a few drinks here at the Rebellion weekends. It is on a street of pubs that we congregate in. I was wondering myself, you could fit all the bands in there, and their gear, and there would be no place for the audience.

1595027676409.png

Seems the mini festival at the Washington is now cancelled. I often have a few drinks here at the Rebellion weekends. It is on a street of pubs that we congregate in. I was wondering myself, you could fit all the bands in there, and their gear, and there would be no place for the audience.

View attachment 490545
What exactly is the mosh pit protocol during these times of social distancing?

Statement here from Daz and Jennie who run Rebellion. Looks like a load of on line content, better than nothing.

REBELLION ONLINE FESTIVAL 2020
Thursday 6th – Sunday 9th August 2020
We couldn’t let the weekend pass without celebrating it somehow. So we decided to reach out to as many bands as possible to try and get some content together so we could all have something to watch over the 4 days. We’re not doing a ‘LIVE STREAM’ as we think that a 12 hour live session is a step too far and fraught with problems! This is a collection of unique content that we’ve curated for you. So on the weekend you can pour a drink and dip in and out of our Facebook page where every half an hour we’ll be posting a different video.
We have a real mix of content. Ranging in length from full sets to a ‘shout out’ that lasts a minute! Both full band performances and acoustic clips, bands in rehearsal rooms, performances over Zoom, promo videos, interviews and documentaries. There are 105 videos giving you over 25 hours of footage to watch over the weekend.
And just like Rebellion there’s something for everyone. We don’t expect everyone to like everything and that’s what makes Rebellion so unique. We have a broad range and if you don’t fancy watching one of the clips you can wait until another comes along or go back and watch an earlier one you may have missed. Having Facebook Posts throughout the day gives you the chance to pick and choose what you want to see of the ‘ONLINE FESTIVAL’ – much like the weekend itself. No need to scroll through a live stream to find the artist you want that might appear 6 hours in! It’s also great for all our friends in different time zones.
We’d like to thank all the bands and artists that contributed and went over and above to film themselves and send messages. Every slot is appreciated and as mentioned, there’s a real mix. So whether you fancy a full set recorded especially for this Online Special by The Barstool Preachers, or a clip from the BOYS that has only ever been seen in China or the video premiere of Millie Manders & The Shut Up’s new single through to new songs by Crashed Out playing live in a tattoo studio via an online ukulele lesson from the P’ukes or Steve Ignorant performing DO THEY OWE US A LIVING via zoom, there’s loads to enjoy. Attila the Stockbroker will also be doing a LIVE STREAM in one of the slots.
Starting each day will be Rebellion mascot RAT BOY doing one of his infamous Magic Shows. There is a great feature showcasing the Rebellion Introducing Stage each day so that those bands get exposure too. And just like the real thing, each day ends with Del Strangefish doing his Radio Show.

Well, after the 1977 gig on Sunday at the Schooner, it looks like the whingeing yuppie twats from the posh apartments, across the Tyne in the Byker Sink have all got upset about a bit of music. Looks like this could well put a damper on the forthcoming Rigid Digits gig on August 8th.

Maybe I should send a load of gangsta rappers over there some time, with a BFO ghetto-blaster, #BLM banners and tell em to turn that fcuking drill and grime music UP!!

Well, if it wasn't for this poxy virus, I would be on my way to Blackpool by now, on the North East Punk Bus. There would be an early gig on at that club above the Rose & Crown. Last 2 years it was the Drongos.

B42T

LE
Well, if it wasn't for this poxy virus, I would be on my way to Blackpool by now, on the North East Punk Bus. There would be an early gig on at that club above the Rose & Crown. Last 2 years it was the Drongos.
Yup, the whole year is a write off. I have seen absolutely zero this year as they have all been cancelled.
let's hope for a better next year.

A punk and his girlfriend were indulging in a bit of vigorous thrashing about. He decides to liven things up with the help of some musical accompaniment, so he jumps out of bed, puts on his favourite selection and then returns to the task in hand.

Some time later the girlfriend, in a moment of post-coital reverie, murmured, "Wow, was that Johnny Rotten?"

"Shouldn't be," he replied, "I've only used it six times".

Off to see Rigid Digits at the Schooner later tonite. Looks like a nice evening for it. Or you could go over St Peters Basin and listen from there. I hear the sound is really good.

Latest Threads