Punk rock thread

I would be very grateful if any ARRSE brethren could give me some tips for some SKA Music.,sort of eighties.
I know Google is my friend but i would like some tips,thanks.
Selector were pretty good. Pauline what’s her name - they were one of the early ones

Slaughter 2, fronted by Ed Banger play Preston Continental on Friday. Media Whores supporting.

Shame I wont be there as I leave Preston tomorrow. I shall see em in Sunderland over the bank holiday weekend.

Try and get a bit more interest in this thread.....

Oi!! spotters!! its got Sheds in it!!

Cupla gigs in Sunderland over the bank holiday weekend.

Zero Negative + Sanction This + Onlookker + Force Fed Lies + Fret at the Independent Sat 25th Aug.

Slaughter 2 at the Legacy on Sunday 26th.

See you in the mosh pit.

Met a cupla mates on the Metro on the way to Sunderland on Saturday, and they told me Force Fed Lies had cancelled. So, we ended up meeting some other Geordie Punks in Wetherspoons for a few. I deffed it out and stayed, when they left for the gig. A bit later on, walking past the Independent, I heard the dulcet tones of Babylon's Burning from Joseph's Bar next door. A quick investigation, and it was a band called FizzyFish, doing covers. A lightweight version of 1977 if you like.

Sunday, and there was a packed house while the newly reformed Red London were on stage. One of these bands I heard of years ago, but never heard anything by. They were pretty decent mid-paced street Punk, and they are playing there again December 8th.

Due to all the beer taps except pissy lager having run out, I had to go to the nearby Borough to get a pint of something decent. I am sure the manager here used to work at Wolverhampton Chicago Rock Cafe in 2000-2001, cos they used to knock the taps off as well, forcing you to buy pricey bottles, instead.

Slaughter 2 were on form with a loada old favourites, Boston Babies, You're A Bore. I loved Victims Of The Vampire, and Cranked Up Really High. One of my mates got up for a bit of backing vocals, and the rest of us jumped in for a final mosh in the pit for Where Have All The Boot Boys Gone.

They are playing Gateshead Black Bull on October 19, so see you all there in the mosh-pit.

Bet you never saw this coming.

Unholy Alliance are the latest English Dogs line-up with Adey Boyle from the dungeons n dragons line-up on vocals.
So, with Nick on guitar, Tat on bass, and drummer Grizz, here are their latest offerings and some gig dates.

https://youtu.be/2hzhucla8es

I shall see them at the Black Bull next Sunday. Hopefully Force Fed Lies will play this one as well.

Bet you never saw this coming.

Unholy Alliance are the latest English Dogs line-up with Adey Boyle from the dungeons n dragons line-up on vocals.
So, with Nick on guitar, Tat on bass, and drummer Grizz, here are their latest offerings and some gig dates.

I shall see them at the Black Bull next Sunday. Hopefully Force Fed Lies will play this one as well.
Punk rock Xmas in leeds, forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.

I saw the Upstarts in Leeds twice. Once at the Xmas Punk festival at the Queens Hall in 1983, and once at Adam & Eves in July 1986. The Adam & Eve's gig ended in a mass brawl half way through. Mindja, the first thing we saw at the entrance was a huge, semi-conscious skinhead being carried up the stairs by two bouncers.

They attracted a rough crowd back then. My mate's bird wasn't a hardcore Punk or anything, but she was more lightweight alternative crowd. He used to bring her along to gigs, but stated she would never come to any Angelic Upstarts gig, as the risk was too great.

After both gigs, we dossed out in the waiting rooms at Leeds train station. Me and my mates used to do that quite a lot.

Screaming Dead eh? I met their singer, Sam, on a train to a Damned gig in Derby back in November 1980. He had short bleached hair then, and told me and my mate about his band. We had a pint in a Derby pub, then went to the Ajanta, where he had to meet a girl who had a ticket for him.

Fast forward to June 1984, UK Subs at the 100 Club, and I met a cupla fit Punkettes from Ilkestone, and the blue mohicanned one turned out to be the girl Sam was meeting at the Damned gig at the Ajanta.

Next time I met him was at a Screaming Dead gig at the Black Bull a few years ago.

Screaming Dead eh? I met their singer, Sam, on a train to a Damned gig in Derby back in November 1980. He had short bleached hair then, and told me and my mate about his band. We had a pint in a Derby pub, then went to the Ajanta, where he had to meet a girl who had a ticket for him.

Fast forward to June 1984, UK Subs at the 100 Club, and I met a cupla fit Punkettes from Ilkestone, and the blue mohicanned one turned out to be the girl Sam was meeting at the Damned gig at the Ajanta.

Next time I met him was at a Screaming Dead gig at the Black Bull a few years ago.
I know him well, bought the Resurrection EP and was impressed. Still going strong, recently had a New York gig that went well.