Punk rock thread

The Exploited
Club Academy,Manchester. 24 May.

Never caught them live so looking forward to this one!

Been a good year, saw Cock Sparrer last Nov and The Stranglers supported by The Ruts last April.

on the far radar is Killing Joke, Manc in Nov.

Arrse Theme tune........

If you like Discharge, Broken Bones, Section 5, UK Subs, BillyClub or any other band Tezz has played for, then this is the book for you. Co-written by Steve Pottinger, who also co-wrote Ross Lomas of GBH's book.

I've already asked for a copy.

Seen some great bands at Rebellion so far. Cockney Rejects, Angelic Upstarts, GBH, Drongos, UK Subs, Discharge Anti Sect and more.

Looking fwd to DirtBox Disco, Slaughter & Dogs, Varukers, Defects, B Sauadron todsy.

See you in the mosh pit.

The only 3 Fall songs you'll ever need:

Now you've done it. Mark E smith is one of THE greatest British songwriters. Forget Lennon and McCartney, Forget Sir Elton (although he was nuts before he went all serious) . Did you ever see any of his 'self interviews'? or the Kurius Oranj ballet? The man was the very best kind of mental. Each album has some great tracks.

I was drenched in sweat last nite as I chucked crowdsurfers up and over during DirtBox Discos set. Was careful to use proper assault course wall crossing techniques as I made my hands into a step.

Ive just subscribed to the Apple Music bollocks subscription thing and so far downloaded a stack of Magazine, Wire, the Vibrators and Buzzcocks. Found Homosapien by Pete Shelly - not heard that for donkies years.

I would be very grateful if any ARRSE brethren could give me some tips for some SKA Music.,sort of eighties.
I know Google is my friend but i would like some tips,thanks.
H

Takes me back but blasting the banshees at the minute and just done spizzenergi if anyone remembers them?

I would be very grateful if any ARRSE brethren could give me some tips for some SKA Music.,sort of eighties.
I know Google is my friend but i would like some tips,thanks.

I saw this advertised when I was in Blackpool last weekend. Not my cup of tea though. You won't be seeing me there in the mosh pit.

But, you may well see the author of this book there, as he admits to being a bit of a mod and a scally.