Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Punishment postings or punishments from pads behavior

Hi lads/lasses, been a long time lurker first time poster. Lets start off yes I'm a CROW on here but need your help!
Quick background I'm doing a Degree and need some stories to back up what we all know is true. NO PERSONAL DETAILS NEEDED but have you got any DITS of Lads/Lasses being fucked about and posted for attitude or behavior of family, or fastball postings because they were/are Fuckwits cheers in advance guys

A few people at the RN's "drafty" once allegedly decided it would be a bit of fun to draft as many people with ginger hair as they could onto one of the T23s, possibly the Norfolk.

Hms Nelson buffers party (odd jobs around base) and shore drafts to Hms Cambridge also tended to be dominated by people either destined for being in the serious shit or who had just returned from Colchester or Detention quarters.

It used to be the norm to post out those found to be, how can I put this...pad shagging.
This was to prevent any 'repercussions'.
I've never served in any unit in my 12 years where they posted someone out due to them being an idiot (and there were more than a few).
The same goes for troublesome families. I've known a couple, but none were ever sent off to become someone elses problem.

Last edited:
cheers guys I personally know of a few instances where there has been rapid posting due to incidents 2 when i was in Cyprus because serving members couldn't control their kids.

Posted for pad shagging? Yes, but not always.

Posted for bad behaviour?

None come to mind. At all.

Sounds like a shit CoC and head of household.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm getting a whiff of journo in here, but **** it, whatever.

At one time HMS Victory was considered a punishment draft.

It was during the whole Topmast (Topshaft) saga. The idea was that in every 3 years on a ship you'd get 8 months or something of steady employment, I don't recall the exact ratio of time onboard to time off. They'd try and stick you somewhere close to home if possible, the idea being that you wouldn't be fucked about by curveball deployments / exercises for a bit and could actually lead a relatively normal life.

Great idea on paper but completely unworkable in reality. It basically just meant ships went to sea undermanned and everyone onboard had to work harder because some chimp was due his 6 months of cleaning the gym or whatever.

If you were a good lad and knew people who could sort you out with a good job, there were some nice little numbers to be had. The holy grail being work at your local careers office or even an RNR base.

Anyway if you were a fuckwit they'd stick you on Victory for a few months. From what I gather this entailed endless cleaning, getting stitched for countless ceremonial events and continuously being reminded that you had the honour of serving on Lord Nelson's flagship and that you better start ******* acting like it.

No Journo mate with the state of my english and grammar id of been sacked years ago LOL. Degree is Youth and community development and if you want my credentials ill pm you

DITA

MIA
I once got a chewing off my dad for picking up brass on the Ranges we lived near and taking it home.

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but thinking back, he could've been given a fair bit of trouble for it, had he been caught with brass at home.

Loads of us did it, all pretending to be soldiers.

Some of us still are pretending.

Bris

LE
I can't remember the mechanism by which it was enacted, but there was a troublesome family that were removed from Germany (Gutersloh) because the kid(s?) were nicking stuff from the German shops, and the wife was a cretinous individual. Circa 2007/8, from memory.

The mechanism MAY have been either the Army Act/AFA (possibly and AGAI) which allowed for the removal of unruly/disruptive families.

I believe the soldier was a fairly good bloke, just had a failure of a family. @stacker1 might remember if he were there then.

Seems the singly gets posted as a preference to the pad, less to mess about.

I was the Orderly Cpl at a Court Marshall - The singly was accused of Rape, and the Pads wife (singly at the time) falsely accused him, thou he was the one posted (innocently)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
One of the killick Wrens on Exeter was fucked off to another ship for "aggressive lesbian behaviour."

There was a clique of rugmunchers in the girl's mess. Young 17 year old chicks would join the ship straight out of training and within a month they'd have cut their hair into spiky gelled affairs, be covered in full sleeve tats and sporting checked shirts.

It was basically a case of young impressionable girls trying to fit in with the older girls in the mess. If you didn't drink from the furry cup, you were getting bullied, ostracised and that was that.

Anyway one of them decided she didn't want to be a lezzer after all and blabbed to the RN plod. Girl on girl sexual assault was alleged along with serious bullying, but no proof was forthcoming.

As a precaution it was decided to break up the witches coven and the queen bee was fucked off to another ship.

It appears that the grammar police have yet to interject, so may I please take the opportunity to point out that for a degree student, your grammar and phraseology will need some polish. It is also dangerous to commence a statement "we all know it to be true" when the statement does not have a foundation on factual evidence and is based on what you perceive to be true regarding rapid postings and may actually be apocryphal conjecture. Some one senior to the miscreant has usually had a word and dealt with the situation before it gets out of hand and causes a huge bureaucratic nightmare because a quarter will still be required for the family somewhere and and the threat of 12 months in Luton/Bradford/Forest of Dean (delete as appropriate) usually works.

One of the killick Wrens on Exeter was fucked off to another ship for "aggressive lesbian behaviour."

There was a clique of rugmunchers in the girl's mess. Young 17 year old chicks would join the ship straight out of training and within a month they'd have cut their hair into spiky gelled affairs, be covered in full sleeve tats and sporting checked shirts.

It was basically a case of young impressionable girls trying to fit in with the older girls in the mess. If you didn't drink from the furry cup, you were getting bullied, ostracised and that was that.

Anyway one of them decided she didn't want to be a lezzer after all and blabbed to the RN plod. Girl on girl sexual assault was alleged along with serious bullying, but no proof was forthcoming.

As a precaution it was decided to break up the witches coven and the queen bee was fucked off to another ship.

You know the rules by now Ravers, it didn't happen unless there are photos......so come on..... :grin::grin::grin:

It appears that the grammar police have yet to interject, so may I please take the opportunity to point out that for a degree student, your grammar and phraseology will need some polish. It is also dangerous to commence a statement "we all know it to be true" when the statement does not have a foundation on factual evidence and is based on what you perceive to be true regarding rapid postings and may actually be apocryphal conjecture. Some one senior to the miscreant has usually had a word and dealt with the situation before it gets out of hand and causes a huge bureaucratic nightmare because a quarter will still be required for the family somewhere and and the threat of 12 months in Luton/Bradford/Forest of Dean (delete as appropriate) usually works.
Ian525,
You're right and maybe I have led the question a little, yet this is not a critical piece nor an assignment. As for grammar and English I have spell and grammar check if it was not for this, I believe i would still be chewing Crayola's. Purple is my favourite flavour

Last edited:

FEASG

LE
We had a lad in my unit, hurriedly posted to the Falklands when we were in NI, turns out that the sneaky types had found out that his girlfriend was helping paramilitaries’ target him. Never found out if it was PIRA or loyalists.

Not a punishment posting as such more a case of getting him out of the way , while they sorted the problem.

I can't remember the mechanism by which it was enacted, but there was a troublesome family that were removed from Germany (Gutersloh) because the kid(s?) were nicking stuff from the German shops, and the wife was a cretinous individual. Circa 2007/8, from memory.

The mechanism MAY have been either the Army Act/AFA (possibly and AGAI) which allowed for the removal of unruly/disruptive families.

I believe the soldier was a fairly good bloke, just had a failure of a family. @stacker1 might remember if he were there then.

It doesnt ring a bell and him having a wife as a cretinous individual isnt going to narrow it down

I do remember a married staffie pumping the wifey of the RSM of 2CS/2LSR. He was posted quite fast...

As a pads brat living in Germany every time we did something wrong it was reported to our fathers (I dont mean grassed up I mean our fathers were marched in to the RSM/OC and told to sort their ******* lives out). There was certainly less trouble from pads brats living in Germany.

I also remember (but not very clearly) of a pad brat in 1992/3 who got done for drugs and I was told his father lost his LSGC over it (I have no idea if it true).

A few people at the RN's "drafty" once allegedly decided it would be a bit of fun to draft as many people with ginger hair as they could onto one of the T23s, possibly the Norfolk.

And the RAF (allegedly) nearly ended up with a Tornado GR squadron where every member of aircrew would've been called Smith/Smyth/Smythe.

Thwarted when someone wondered why a Tornado F3 mate had been sent to the GR OCU for no obvious reason and investigated, discovering that every pilot and nav posted to a squadron (forget which one) in the past 9 months had the same surname or variation thereof.

Miscreants summoned to see AOC-in-C Strike. Walk into his office (hats on, no obvious signs of Nescafe brewing, biscuits conspicuous by absence). He continues editing the document he's reading. Begins to speak, still red-penning the paper in front of him:

"Gentlemen. I know what you're up to <pause> Good effort, but you are to desist forthwith" <points towards office door, still looking at document on desk> Snort of amusement heard from great man as door gently shut by hastily departing appointers.

This may be apocryphal, but as I was told this by two Tornado GR mates both called Smith/Smyth who were on the same squadron at the same time along with at least one other Smith, it might actually be true...