Punishment postings, do they exist?

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Eggbanjo, Jun 23, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if there's any truth in this but the buzz when I was still in was that a posting to one of the Para Battalions was seen as a punishment posting by bean slingers / REME / Pay Corps etc.

Was this BS as I always found that the lads welcomed these guys with open arms.  ;)

It couldn't have been any worse than other units, could it?

2. Not sure about being sent to the Paras, but in my Infantry Bn a naughty young officer was told by the Adjutant that unless he started behaving himself then it was 4 months watchkeeping in the Falklands for him. Apparantly the whole scene was reminiscent of that famous 'You screw up this much I'll have you flying rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong' speech from Top Gun.

3. I know two people no names mentioned of course. One screwed up right royally and suddenly found themselves on a 12 month tour of the Falklands. The other found themselves as 'librarian' at their regimental headquarters. Something to do with shagging the the wrong people!!

4. Shouldn't that be 'something to do with GETTING CAUGHT shagging the wrong people?

As a matter of interest........how do you go about shagging the wrong person? Surely you must have been shagging th right person........or you wouldn't have wanted to. :wink:

5. That suggests you have led a sheltered life Ma!!! :twisted:

Trotsky

6. Well that's it........my secret is out!

7. I know of an Armourer Sgt, and most of the trade know of him, who screwed royally (though it was never proved in a court of law). When posted from his cushy UDR regt to lovely 1 RHA in Tidworth (v handy for his house in the province!) he asked Comd ES "Is this a punishment posting?" Apparently Comd ES replied "Yes!" :cry:

8. Punishment postings exist alright.
    Having just finished one that seemed to last forever I feel as if I have paid my dept.
    I have now accepted (and been slowed down enough) that I’m not going anywhere fast careerwise so I’d do it all again.

If the money was right.

9. Punishment postings exist alright.
    Having just finished one that seemed to last forever I feel as if I have paid my dept.
    I have now accepted (and been slowed down enough) that I’m not going anywhere fast careerwise so I’d do it all again.

If the money was right.

10. Ma_Sonic,
    If you have ever got drunk at a dark party (lame excuse I know) it is easy to shag the wrong person.

It’s not so easy explaining it to the right person the following day.

11. CO of a particular Infantry Regiment to one of his youngsters:

'We only send our best young officers to ITC Catterick - it is a wonderful oppourtunity, very proud, etc, etc'

Same CO overhead bolloking one of the Junior Captains 2 days later:

'Fcuk up again then its ITC Catterick for you!'

12. Heard the same story.

Also to soften the blow of a sh*t posting “we need to spread the talent across the regiment/corps”.

I should have got out at the beginning instead of believing anything I was ever told.

Could have been a professional sportsman. (If it wasn’t for my lack of talent)

13. if i wanted to go to the Falklands or Gibraltar i would have to say the opposite just to get there like "please dont send me to gib or falkland cos its fcuking boring there etc"

you will be sent there guaranteed ! :lol:

14. Punishment postings are still around. I got found in the wrong accommodation (in th true spirit of the RAMC) at a BMH . I was then posted to the Falkland Islands for christmas via bloody Aldershot. :evil: :evil:

15. Shagging the wrong people!!! I was caught when I was a BSM shagging the Bty clerk, this woman was an animal and I don’t mean shitting in corners, however I was bust and posted but three years later was commissioned, now that’s punishment.