Punch Bag & Stand

Thinking of adding one to my training at home but im not sure what size/weight bag would do for me. There is a 4ft, 25kg bag for £33 but not sure if that is too light or not. Any ideas?

It would have to be on a boxing stand too if that matters.

Im 6 2", 205lbs.

I already jog most days & have a decent multigym, this is just to break it up a bit and get the aggression out.

I have a bag and gloves you can have for £75 - just give the dosh to Holidays4heroes.

It's a lump of a bag, it is a Pro-Box and the gloves are Gold Gym 16oz.

Far too old for the game now.

There is no stand, I used to hang the bag down on a rope from the top bannister of the stairs. If you don't want it I am willing to sell to anyone for the charity.

carlbcfc said:
Thinking of adding one to my training at home but im not sure what size/weight bag would do for me. There is a 4ft, 25kg bag for £33 but not sure if that is too light or not. Any ideas?

Im 6 2", 205lbs.

I already jog most days & have a decent multigym, this is just to break it up a bit and get the aggression out.
How about "Bob" or "Big Bob"? These bags are shaped like a human head and torso(Big Bob has half-legs as well so you can practice Thai Kicks). They are free standing; just fill the stand with sand or water.

More fun than normal Heavy Bags. :wink:

Werewolf said:
carlbcfc said:

Im 6 2", 205lbs.

How about "Bob" or "Big Bob"? These bags are shaped like a human head and torso(Big Bob has half-legs as well so you can practice Thai Kicks). They are free standing; just fill the stand with sand or water.

More fun than normal Heavy Bags. :wink:
Try a speed ball for fun.

B

Biscuits_AB

carlbcfc said:

Im 6 2", 205lbs.

Haven't you tried just punching your wife? Save yourself £33 and get the deep seated joy of hearing someone try to scream without teeth.

You get what you pay for, mate. That looks like a mid-range price, solid piece of kit. Nothing flashy but if you want a basic workout, that should do you.

Werewolf said:
You get what you pay for, mate. That looks like a mid-range price, solid piece of kit. Nothing flashy but if you want a basic workout, that should do you.
I just want something to smash for 30 mins per day to add to my running & weights. You think its a good addition for £130?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Markintime The NAAFI Bar 106
jonny36 Health and Fitness 9
U The Training Wing 8