Punch Bag & Stand

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by carlbcfc, Aug 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thinking of adding one to my training at home but im not sure what size/weight bag would do for me. There is a 4ft, 25kg bag for £33 but not sure if that is too light or not. Any ideas?

It would have to be on a boxing stand too if that matters.

Im 6 2", 205lbs.

I already jog most days & have a decent multigym, this is just to break it up a bit and get the aggression out.
  2. I have a bag and gloves you can have for £75 - just give the dosh to Holidays4heroes.

It's a lump of a bag, it is a Pro-Box and the gloves are Gold Gym 16oz.

Far too old for the game now.
  3. There is no stand, I used to hang the bag down on a rope from the top bannister of the stairs. If you don't want it I am willing to sell to anyone for the charity.
  4. Im after a stand & bag for around £120 max. The stands are about £80 so ill have to leave your one thanks.
  5. How about "Bob" or "Big Bob"? These bags are shaped like a human head and torso(Big Bob has half-legs as well so you can practice Thai Kicks). They are free standing; just fill the stand with sand or water.

More fun than normal Heavy Bags. :wink:
  6. No,

I used the stair bannister and a rope.

The bag has 4 metal ringed loops connected to straps. You can get a stand to support it or improvise as I did.
  7. Try a speed ball for fun.
  8. Haven't you tried just punching your wife? Save yourself £33 and get the deep seated joy of hearing someone try to scream without teeth.
  9. You get what you pay for, mate. That looks like a mid-range price, solid piece of kit. Nothing flashy but if you want a basic workout, that should do you.
  10. The "interactive workout"
  11. I just want something to smash for 30 mins per day to add to my running & weights. You think its a good addition for £130?
  12. I ended up getting this BOXING STAND

Exactly what I needed although absolutly knackering when combines with a 5k run & multigym session.

Found this little tool for anyone that trains at home. TIMER