Puma Crash

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by John Civie, Jul 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Crash landed in Andover - the airframe will be stripped bare within 24 hours.

The crew were lucky the emergency services were so quick - otherwise they might have had to escape and evade from the hoardes of butt-ugly single mothers trying to drag them into the John Russell Fox for a cheap Bacardi Breezer and a knee trembler in the bogs...

• Like Like x 5
  2. It won't, a guard force has been on the ground for a while with tents etc for a bit of a stay!

3. In that case, they'll twoc the tents and rape the guardforce!

• Like Like x 1
  4. .......and being converted to HC.2,which some of the press has described as a waste of money.

This airframe may even make it on to the HC.2 conversion line.

Good to see the crew get out.

5. Let the unfounded speculation commence... I reckon it was a loose orange crate of aircrew rations in the back that slid into the hole where the engine anticipators should be and made it stoof in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I have it on good authority that it was either a fault with the brasstrumpets or possibly the pisstake-valves.

7. Is this the crabs way of telling us they want more merlins?

8. They had a few of these on exchange

Attached Files:

9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I thought the merlins were underpowered?

10. Many trips in Puma's years ago. Great helicopter and the RAF troop transport mainstay at the time. I'm glad the crew are O.K.

11. Not as much as the Pumas judging by them pics...

12. Another outing of the RAF Benson Banger Racing Club! :)

Get well soon. Maybe when you're better you could pop into Middle Wallop for some proper driving lessons. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nah, the aircraft was caught in a downdraft of ugliness as it passed over King Authur's Way in Andover, causing the engines to flame out and the rotor head to shed its bi-folding monkey gimbles...

You may have guessed already, but I really dislike Andover.