Pulsar Thermal spotter

As title really.
Funds have been cleared by herself .
I'm drawn to the Pulsar axion key £1049
Three year warranty. And replaceable battery .
Muntjac in a small woods.
Fox rat and rabbit around a big farm and barns.
Any reason why not? The key base mod is 2.5 and the s version £1500 is 4x but with better viewing screen . next price point is 2k which is pushing it .
Don't want any record ,WiFi YouTube share rubbish on it
Thanks

I have an older Pulsar, it’s great. Very few deer leaping up 30yds away because you just didn’t see it hidden in the scrub.

Base mag is 1.8 and it never gets off that. I wish it had a 1x zoom. Sometimes I can see a target but find it difficult to locate it naked eye when there are a lack of readily identifiable features near to it. 1x would allow me to overlay the thermal from one eye on the real world view on the other and pick it up more quickly.

but that really is a first world problem.

Last edited:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I had a Pulsar N970 and if I’m honest I thought it was a load of shite. Like looking through a badly tuned 1960s black and white television. Just couldn’t get a clear picture with the thing at all and it ate batteries.

It was 1200 quid and I returned it. Completely useless and I didn’t feel safe using it. Not being able to see what you’re aiming at isn’t a good place to be.

You’re much better off with a proper NV adaptor that attaches to your existing scope.

I had a Pulsar N970 and if I’m honest I thought it was a load of shite. Like looking through a badly tuned 1960s black and white television. Just couldn’t get a clear picture with the thing at all and it ate batteries.

It was 1200 quid and I returned it. Completely useless and I didn’t feel safe using it. Not being able to see what you’re aiming at isn’t a good place to be.

You’re much better off with a proper NV adaptor that attaches to your existing scope.
Axion Key is a handheld, not a scope.

DF361083-D82E-497B-9E3F-4194A7126C64.jpeg

Cheers I have a pard 007 and Yukon photon. For shooting . I just want to spot the likely blob then use the NV to ID it . Muntjac will be dawn dusk or daylight.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Cheers I have a pard 007 and Yukon photon. For shooting . I just want to spot the likely blob then use the NV to ID it . Muntjac will be dawn dusk or daylight.

Whatever you buy make sure they let you test it first.

I was massively disappointed with the N970 and all the hype and videos about it were very misleading.

I have an older Pulsar, it’s great. Very few deer leaping up 30yds away because you just didn’t see it hidden in the scrub.

Base mag is 1.8 and it never gets off that. I wish it had a 1x zoom. Sometimes I can see a target but find it difficult to locate it naked eye when there are a lack of readily identifiable features near to it. 1x would allow me to overlay the thermal from eye on the real world view on the other and pick it up more quickly.

but that really is a first world problem.
Thanks think I'll press the button .

IMG_20210925_132147_287.jpg
ordered 1430 yesterday delivered 0920 this morning hats off to countryman store derby approx £1100 with spare battery and charger.
Initial impression stalking the cat and looking at the neighbors chimneys very impressed. Small light and relatively simple to use .
Images surprisingly good . Will have a walk in the woods later . Suspect it will be bad New for squirrels .

Yes . Impressed. Body count of rabbits an squirrels up Is up . not very good spotting roosting birds in foliage very very good for recovery of victims . Good fun .
Watched two roe does melt away so neither I or my stalking busy could see them in the shadowy woods ,put the thermal on them no problems bright as buttons . Definitely worth the punt for me . Close up watching cats ,rats hedgehog's and whatever in the garden is stunning.

Latest Threads