Pulling The Pin

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by wotan, Mar 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have submitted my memo for my release from the Regular Force of Her Majesty's Canadian Disarmed Forces. The day after I get out I will be reincarnated as a shad in the Militia (no not the bunker-dwelling nutbars in the US mid-west type militia, more the equivalent of the British TA) and have a full time position lined up, so not too much will really change. Same silly green pyjamas to put on every day and I will make more money, have less official commitment (can't be posted, only deploy overseas if I want to) and will still be able to draw my pension. All in all, a pretty damned good deal after 20 years.

I'm really quite excited and optimistic about it all and have no regrets. The Army has been good to me and for me and I believe that I have contributed a significant amount in return. But everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous or upset or bitter about departing the Regulars. I'm just wondering if anyone out there, especially fellow Canuckleheads, have encountered this attitude from other folks? Frankly, I'm pretty upbeat about it all and quite looking forward to it. I don't see any point or reason to be going through a bunch of hand-wringing angst about a decision my family (wife and kids) and I made and that I'm quite happy with. As well, I see no reason to be bitter at the CF - like I said, it has been good to and for me and I believe I have given good service in return.

Anyway, any perspectives or viewpoints folks out there might be willing to share would be interesting and appreciated. Cheers to all.
  2. Good luck.

I spent a couple of months at Griesbach (spelling ?) Barracks in Edmonton, many moons ago...used to go for drinkies at Dagwoods with some of the staff from Milarm gun shop..great place, great days.
  3. Wotan........looks like you got it all sorted mate, good luck to you. Just need to go out and buy a pair of tartan slippers, a pipe and a labrador puppy and get in that armchair !
  4. Good luck, so.

5. Thanks for the good wishes fellas, greatly appreciated. It is going to be a little different being a Reservist again after so many years in the Regs, but things have certainly improved in the Militia over the last 20 years.

Cheers to all.