PULLED THREAD. Sgt. J. Hollingsworth

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear all,

I have temporairily pulled a thread concerning speculation in todays' Sunday press, concerning the circumstances of the death of Sergeant Jonathan Hollingsworth on the 24th of November last year in Basra.

As far as I am aware, the inquest into his death has not yet commenced, and investigations are ongoing.

In view of this , I have temporairily pulled this thread.

Could I please ask you all not to post or comment on the circumstances of this tragic death pre-inquest , for the usual reasons.

2. PTP

Can i ask why you are pulling so many threads of late?

Seems a tad over the top when these items are in the news. I appreaciate that ARRSE needs to be protected in some cases, but at the end of the day it is an unoffical site with personal opinions and not those of the establishment.
  3. Not so I am afraid it is widely seen as a reliable guage of UK AF opinion.
  4. I think speculating about the cause of death of a member of UKSF before the inquest takes place is reason enough.
  5. Anyone know of a service forum where wider discussion is tolerated? Not looking to go there - just asking the question.
  6. They are out there ORC, in fact there was a link to one on here a few days ago. Reading some of the posts it seemed to be inhabited by a lot of wanna-bes and walts and not particularly informed. The point is ARRSE is the one that gets quoted in the media and as "the Daddy" there is a greater need for PERSEC/OPSEC, responsibility and respect.

Most Regt's now have their own websites with forums too but are also responsibly moderated.
  7. Correct, plus the Torygraph Def Jerno got some of the facts wrong.
    He must have forgot where he came from before taking up journalism :pissedoff:
    An even bigger reason not to discuss at this stage are the feelings of the NOK who await the inquest
  8. That sounds very familiar.
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

ARRSE is often quoted by the press & we as a whole risk being quoted by a newshound hungry for some juicy comment who will take the comment out of context to boost his rags sales.
  10. I was the one who posted the thread, PTP contacted me and I responded by accepting his concerns and agreeing with his decision...End of.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.