Pulled back

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by r6dan, Sep 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to join the TA but am worried as I have pulled my back twice once lifting a 70kg door(i`m a joiner) and again falling off my bike the last one was over a year ago,i am otherwise pretty fit,do you guys think this will cause any issues?
  2. How to lift a 70Kg door...

1/ Look at the door
    2/ Give the door a kick to see if it moves
    3/ Say to yourself 'Could I lift that on my own without putting my back out?'
    4/ get a mate to help with the lift
    5/ Go through this procedure the second time you lift a door

Back is OK, join the TA
  3. So are the GP`s questionaires the same for the TA as the regulars ? and are the entrance requirements the same?
  4. Yes and yes.

And you should be fine joining up - Is it much of an issue for you still? Or are you just worried about that coming up on your medical records?
    I slipped a disc in training, had about 4-5 months sick leave, but after getting the go ahead from my doc was straight back into it. So you should be fine.
  5. I`m just worried about it coming up on my records,as I have not had any problems for nearly 18 months,the two cases were not related anyway,it isn`t an issue now(it only lasted a couple of weeks anyway)I just know they can be a bit fussy with back issues.
  6. Nah, you should be fine. As I said, I fucked my back quite seriously but I'm still in. Worst case scenario is that you could be asked to get a letter from your doctor giving the all clear - but i doubt it would come to that.

What unit you thinking of joining?
  7. Well an old mate is in the pioneers so im thinking that and me being a joiner should fit in.