PULHHEEMS

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by MuddyMettle, Aug 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Could someone tell me please for TA, How long does the PULHHEEMS last is it one every year or two years or?

Cheers
    MM

2. Should be the same for regular soldiers, PULHEEMS are conducted by MO at the intervals detailed below:

1. On screening medical before enlisting

2. Once you reach your thirtieth birthday

3. Every five years thereafter.

3. Thanks for the quick answer, i have been told mine ran out last year but have a bit of paper in front of me done in 2007.

Cheers

4. Over a certain age - 50 I think ? It goes to annual checks.

5. There's a few more (pertaining to end of FTRS/mob service etc) but these are the most relevant;

Annually when not FD.

Within 8 weeks of following birthdays - 30, 350 40, 45, 50 and 2 yearly afterwards.

TA Re-engagement - when you apply to re-engage you are to be medically examined only if the CO demands and if the first two points are not fufilled (speaky engleesh?)

I believe you used to have to have a medical every time you re-engaged (ie used to be every 3 or 4 years) however with the introduction of the new procedures for Gp A engagements that was dropped to be more in line with the regs (to save medical cash no doubt!)

6. Bloody hell 350 ,will have to have a gander at how long i signed up for. :omfg:

7. bah....

8. Two years, IIRC.

Litotes

9. Just out of curiosity,remind me what it stands for.

10. Physique, Upper limbs, Locomotion, Hearing left side, Hearing right side, Eyesight left eye, eysight right eye, Mental state, emotional stableness.

Jesus, it almost felt like I was resitting a Science test for a minute there.